Mission Bows

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by Bountyhunter, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Bountyhunter

Bountyhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I don't know if there are any Mission fans among us, but I got my girl a Craze and Son a Riot. I got myself a Riot right after seeing how nice his was for the money. Turning the draw weight down allows us to shoot in the basement here during he winter, and that's a good thing. Problem is I just got my Hoyt draw length shortened to 28.5" and am shooting so much better than I was at 29". Bouncing back and forth between the bows is messing me up. I get my form real tight with the Hoyt and then have to change everything up and get sloppy with the Riot. I've decided that I want to get rid of the Riot and get a second bow that is adjustable to 28.5". Since I like the Missions, and really want the Chill, I think I'm going to check out the Ballistic. It can be set to 28.5" draw length and is adjustable from 50 - 70 pounds. That'll work great since I'm shooting at 49 pounds downstairs right now and 67 pounds with my Hoyt. So if I hunt with it I can turn the poundage up. I have read a few things online where people are comparing the Ballistic to the Chill. I realize that the Ballistic is a cheaper bow, but that doesn't mean it's junk. Anyone here shooting the Ballistic? Anyone ever get to compare one to the Chill? Any feed back on the Ballistic is appreciated. Pro's? Con's?

Thanks!

2. Bountyhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well I'm thinking the Mission bows aren't very popular around here?

3. Pearce92

Pearce92 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    i love mine! it has a little bit of a harsh bump right before the let off but other members on here dont have that problem with thiers and say it can be tuned out. but other than that i love it awesome price for what it is. its not a $1000 bow but it feels like at least a $800 bow. mission makes good qualitly stuff i bought my gf a craze about september and she loves it too.

as for the chill i havent shot one but from what i hear the ballistic is just a budget chill

4. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I absolutely am in love with my Venture. I just didn't have a Ballistic so didn't comment.

5. Bountyhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Ah, so there is some Mission love here. I think the bows are really good for the price.

I'm going to try and shoot these...
    Hoyt Charger
    Mission Ballistic
    Mathew's Chill

I've narrowed things down to these three. Hopefully I'll get to check them all out this weekend.

6. rknierim

rknierim Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I got the mission Ballistic this fall. I absolutely LOVE it! Definitely worth the money. Some people like the grip that comes with it, some really don't. The Focus grip from Mathews will fit it, so at least there are options if you don't like it. I don't like the grip as well as my old bow, but its not that bad. I don't think you will be disappointed at all if you get one. Enjoy :)

7. Bountyhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I didn't realize I could swap out the grip. That's a plus I guess. I'm going to go shoot one later and a Chill, to see what's what. I'm hoping I'll take one of them home today. For $400 more, the Chill had better be really, really, sweet, or the Ballistic had better suck. Which I highly doubt.

8. Bountyhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I shot both back to back, and as nice as the Ballistic was, and it was very nice, the Chill won me over. I brought home a camo version and a nice Mathew's 5 arrow quiver that was a return and marked down to $50 from $120.

9. rcowan

rcowan Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I took my first Coues Whitetail this year with a Mission Endeavor. The bow is quiet and fast (for me). I am picking up a Ballastic as soon as it gets to my archery guy.

They may not be expensive but they are not "cheap" :argue:
    RC

Last edited: Feb 16, 2013
  10. Bountyhunter

Dislikes Received:
    The Ballistic was very nice. If I was on a tighter budget, I would have gone with the Ballistic. It is a fine bow. The Chill was just a little better to me though. $400 better? I'm not sure, but I wanted it and had the cash, so I jumped on it.

11. MyNewZXT

MyNewZXT Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I bought a craze in Oct that I hunted last season with. Mission is a good bow. The reason they compair the chill and ballistic is the ballistic uses the AVS cam system that they use on the chill. The riser has one spot for a harmonic dampened or stabilizer but doesn't come with one. Count me in the camp that isn't a fan of mission grips but I got used to my craze grip so its not that big a deal.
    I didn't shoot the chill but I did shoot the ballistic and thought it was fine. I didn't notice any bump in the draw but maybe I just didn't notice. Shot was quiet and for not having a stabilizer on it, it was pretty dead in hand. Of course if you can afford the chill go for it, they have the top dampened slot and it comes with both the harmonic stabilizer and dampeners installed.

12. Bountyhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I agree with your assessment of the Ballistic, MyNewZXT. I really liked it. I thought it had a nice smooth draw and shooting it with nothing but a cheap rest on it, was still real nice. As you said, it was pretty dead in the hand. The Chill is completely dead. My first shot, I didn't realize it had fired at first. The arrow hit the target high and I didn't see it. Took me a second. I shot it two more times and thought it was the sweetest bow I've ever shot. Not that I've shot tons as some of you guys have. But I was sold.

I give the Ballistic two thumbs up and would encourage anyone with a budget of $500, to look into it.

13. aaron21

aaron21 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    i love my venture. it works really well for me. i would be hard pressed to get anything else.

14. Bountyhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I had wanted the Venture before I got the Riot. I ended up with the Riot, because nobody carried the Venture and it was a special order. I would have had to buy it even if I hated it if they ordered it. I didn't want to chance it. I like the Mission line. Great bows for the price.

15. rcowan

rcowan Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My Ballistic came in last night. I pick it up today after work!!
    Yehaw
    RC

16. Pearce92

Pearce92 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    congrads!

17. BACKSTRAPASSASSIN

BACKSTRAPASSASSIN Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome man......I really like that bow

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

18. los11

los11 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have had my Ballistic for a Month and love it... It was the Ballistic or the Chill I help out at a bow shop so I get to shoot alot and the Ballistic is the Chill with a different riser its a mean *** bow for the money it was a no brainer to get the Ballistic the Chill is nice but like I said I wanted to add a Mision to my arsenal and I dont mind spending the money on bows and I have a MR6 so i like the Monster setup.. The chill is a bit smoother but not $400 smoother so for anybody out there try it at 28 i am shooting 302FPS with a Blue Streak I put a QAD HDX and a amourtech HD and its my back up bow but I cant stop shooting it.. lol But my Creed is my baby smoothest bow ever from Mathews in opinion and I just ordered a ZXT you want to talk about a better version of the HeliM with a Z7 feel anybody out there shoot this bow Mathews is advertising it for a reason they would make no sales on there other bows at $750 its the best bow under $900 out there as far as a small ATA single limb goes..

19. rcowan

rcowan Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Picked up the Ballistic last night.

Smooth as silk.

That grip has no issues.

RC

20. Bountyhunter

Dislikes Received:
    The Ballistic is a fine bow. I don't think any of you will be sorry for buying one.