its a scary world for motorcycle riders nowadays

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by bowhunterleroy, Feb 12, 2013.

1. bowhunterleroy

bowhunterleroy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    i ride a bike every day, or atleast try to... my first car was a 1982 ironhead sportster 1000 cc. i got 50+ mpg from that thing and i couldnt love it more, it doesnt get much use atm because my daily rider is a 110" revtech bobber 115 hp with a beltdrive and 6 speed tranny, im kinda wanting to keep the sporty as it is and retire it, ( to a point )

i started riding at 16 and a half, got my permit and started riding to highschool<<< yeah, harley to highschool lol:nana: i never acted stupid on it, because it didnt have any balls when u have a person my size ( 270+ lbs ) so other then getting out ppls way on the highway, i never really got on it, and i liked the fuel mileage ;)

although i stayed out of trouble, trouble would bite at my ankles time to time and it always shook me up, ive had cars pull out infront of me, lock tires up because of oil on the street, and things like hit a flat effin rock that slid with my tire while i was stopping< yeah,

ive been pulled over, and police dont know the correct rules about motorcycle permits and youth, ive been told my drivers license was fake, because i didnt have a vehicle permit but had a motorcycle license,one officer threatened to have by bike " towed " if i wasnt honest about my " real " drivers license, i reported him and was told its common for cops to not know permits and such...

i hear the stories about how everyone and their uncle would ride dirtbikes to highschool here in my desert land, and now its like bikes are a sin to some people, ohwell, more fun for the sinners =]=]=]

023.jpg

2. IL_Bow_Man

IL_Bow_Man Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Pretty sweet ride man!!

I am just waiting a month or so to dig mine out to start commuting back and forth to work on it...

3. bowhunterleroy

bowhunterleroy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    here in death valley, winters are nice enough to comfortably ride after 8 am ish... 35* i think was the lowest i remember while riding to work 20 min away... and if u can stand the heat ( after the 1st year u can ) its riding weather 350 days a year here =]

4. SWitchBacKXT

SWitchBacKXT Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Sick bike bud!