Which bow?

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Firefighter336, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Firefighter336

Firefighter336 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hi everyone. I'm itching to buy my first bow. I'm considering the PSE Stinger, PSE Brute X, PSE Sinister, and the Hoyt Charger. I would like to buy a package so that I can save some money. Basically, I'm looking to get a bow and all the accessories needed to shoot for around $700 or less. I plan on hunting whitetail deer and have no hunting experience but some archery experience. I still have to buy all my hunting equipment so I want to save some money if possible while still getting a quality bow that will last years. Which bow should I get?

2. dbl D

dbl D Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I don't think you can go wrong with the Charger, but really you just need to get out and shoot them and see what you like.

3. chopayne

chopayne Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    PSE DNA or Vendetta! J/K havent tested out either but im going to here in a few weeks. Theyre a little on the high end though, im pretty sure if you want something that fits in $700 with accessories you should look into used bows/acessories on Archerytalk.com (they have great deals) or go with Martins I believe are cheaper bows, but not necessarily worse, just depends on which bow you want. Seriously look on Archerytalk or on the classified on this forum. I know most people will tell you, no one can ttell you which bow you want, you should go in there and shoot them. There was a thread recently about it.

If youre looking for popular brands, hoyt, PSE, Matthews, Martin, Bear Archery, are just a couple that alot of people seem to have.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
  4. chopayne

chopayne Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
  5. Bountyhunter

Bountyhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I don't think any ofthe ones listed are bad bows, but I would jump on the Hoyt Charger. I have the Rampage XT and it's a great bow. You should try and shoot all of them and see what works for you. Good luck.

6. Bootlegger

Bootlegger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The PSE Brute X is an awesome bow. It has the pro madness cam ans x tech split limbs. I think you would like it much better than the stinger....but the stinger is a good bow as well. I personally did not like the sinister....but that was me. Try United Outdoors on Ebay. Ive bought a lot of stuff from them. Great folks! My bare bow was only $379 shipped from them. I think their brute x package was $469 shipped

Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
  7. Just Passin thru

Just Passin thru Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I've heard good things about all of them. Get to a local range and see if you can try em out. To me, that is the best way to pick which bow you want to buy. Good luck and welcome to the site!

8. rcowan

rcowan Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I would like to see some feed back on the Mission Ballastic. I like the way it looks and the specs but I'm cautious.

RC

9. Firefighter336

Firefighter336 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for all the helpful replies. I already went to a small shop and didn't have the opportunity to shoot any bows. I'll be going to a bigger pro shop soon to try some bows. I'm looking into the classifieds on ArcheryTalk but I'm hesitant to buy from someone I don't know over a forum. I've read some bad stuff online about United Outdoors but I'm still considering it. I want to buy my bow from a pro shop but I'm short on money. Either way I plan on having the bow tuned at a shop.

10. bowhunter448

bowhunter448 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I would shoot them. The plan is to buy a new bow after the upcoming season, and I went to Sportman's Warehouse and shot the two that I came down to (Diamond Outlaw and the Bear Encounter). After shooting them, I know my next bow will be the Bear

11. Goosepond Monster

Goosepond Monster Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    You may check out www.huntersfriend.com. They have a number of bow options and they are all ready-to-hunt packages.

12. Bootlegger

Bootlegger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have bought a lot from United outdoors.....never had an issue. Had my bow 2 days after I ordered it. I like to support local shops....just didn't wanna give them $70 more for the same bow....lol.

13. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have bought several items from them on EBAY and they have been perfect. Had one small issue and it wasn't even their fault yet they handled it very well. I wouldn't think twice about buying from them in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Skyman

Skyman Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Had a buddy buy the stinger and it was his first bow he said he loved it but was looking to upgrade within 4 months.

15. Firefighter336

Firefighter336 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks again for all the help. I now have a new Charger and a Fuse Clinch release sitting next to me. I didn't get a chance to shoot anything except the Charger but I drew a Stinger and the Charger feels much better to me. I've shot it less than 20 times but I'm already getting a good feel for the bow. I really like it.

16. Bountyhunter

Bountyhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats! I think you'll like it a lot.

17. Billy Pulsifer

Billy Pulsifer Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    i recently upgraded from the Stinger, and have shot the brute theres a noticable difference between the two, then i took it one step farther and shot the 2013 pse drive, i encourage you to give it a few shots at the range i dont think youll be disappointed

18. Oklahoma99

Oklahoma99 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:

What he said. I just recently bought the PSE Brute X and love it. When I drew it back I was surprised how smooth it was. The only thing I don't like about it is the grip but besides that this bow is great for the money.

19. Firefighter336

Firefighter336 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks again everyone. I'm really liking my charger so far.

20. vinniemuzychko

vinniemuzychko Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Parker Velocity. Cheap yet good.