I'm getting tired of this...

Discussion in 'Trail Cameras' started by JGD, Feb 3, 2013.

1. JGD

JGD Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    My buddy and I put out three cameras two weeks ago and checked them on Friday, 2/1/13. The first camera "woke up" as we approached it but showed "0" photos had been taken. I took the card out and put it in my hand held camera and sure enough; no pictures. We had put out some corn and it was gone and deer tracks were everywhere. The batteries were still half full. I put a new card in it and new batteries. After a few minutes I checked it and the camera took my picture twice. We left the camera and put out more corn. We'll see next week what it does.

Camera two had 192 pictures and dead batteries. They lasted less than two weeks. We got some nice pics and some of these too:

[​IMG]

On to camera number three, where we got 757 pictures with some like the above, a few tails and hind quarters and finally a buck or two.

[​IMG]

I use Sandisk cards most of the time but get the same results with the other cards I've tried. I get a lot of the "white washed" pictures and don't know why. I have a few questions maybe someone can answer for me.

1. Why would camera one take zero pictures but it activated when we approached it? It then took pics after I changed the card out. I put the original card in my handheld camera and took pictures and it worked fine.

2. Why all the white washed pics?

3. Camera one took zero pics and used half the batteries. Camera two took 192 pics and used all the batteries and camera 3 took 757 pictures and used half the batteries. Why such a discrepancy?

I appreciate any insight I can get. This is frustrating... looks like it's time to try a Covert.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2013
  2. Pearce92

Pearce92 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    your using wild game inovation cameras thats why lol my next will be a covert

3. pastorjim08

pastorjim08 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I don't know what WGI models you have but generally The WGIs are a lower priced line of cameras. And IMO the quality on the lower end units is hit and miss. You might get a really good one or you might have to go through several to get a good one. If the camera that is giving you trouble is still under warranty I would send it back. From your description this unit has several problems.

Blessings........Pastorjim

4. chop

chop Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have owned stealth cams, cuddeback attacks, wildgame innovations, and bushnell cameras. This last year I made the switch to
    DLC Covert and am glad I did so! I've had up to 61,000 pics on a single set of batteries, the picture quality is phenomenal, and the customer service is second to none. As far as not triggering? I have one camera that I have set up for maximum pictures and it gets between 5,500-7,500 every other day over corn and it's all wildlife pictures with no wind triggers!

5. chop

chop Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I recommend either the Extreme Red 40 or an MP6. I prefer the Red 40.

6. Slugger

Slugger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    You do need some new cameras. If your gonna put in time to go out and check often at least make it worth it with a better cam

7. WW1

WW1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Buy a Covert!!

8. JGD

JGD Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks fellas; Covert, here I come! :D

9. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Covert is right, spend your money wisely once and save money in the end.

10. Just Passin thru

Just Passin thru Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I don't personally own one, but I've heard nothing but good things about Covert.

11. ultramax

ultramax Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    They make great decoys for thieves, actually I have some of the x6c models that work well but don't have great battery life maybe 4 weeks tops,fine for a bait pile. I still use them here
    I must tell you my covert cams spank the wgi in every category.

12. gutone4me

gutone4me Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Looking forward to the call :D

13. Fuzz_27

Fuzz_27 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Bahahahaha you'll be gettin one from me as soon as the new red40s come out!!!

Like everyone stated above, coverts are the way to go. Got my first one (mp6) bout a month ago and love it, I'd never recommend anythin but them.

14. jeff-17

jeff-17 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Check out Pat's posts of the new 2013 models!!-:)

15. REMYNGTON

REMYNGTON Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    This^^^. Pats posts and everyone else's posts that display covert pics aswell as the testimonials and seeing the first hand proof of the customer service is what has made my mind up as far as what cameras to get. Soon I will be getting my first couple cams and they will definitely be coverts.

16. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Everything about the Coverts are nice...the customer service is the best part. Pats always a PM away.

Im gonna be the devils advocate and say to check out the Moultries as well. Ive used 4 (Cabelas Edition 3.1, M-80, M-55xt, i40) and i have been pleased. Thousands of pictures that are clear day & night and long battery life. Trigger time is slow so they have to be used on feeders/mineral licks/food plots.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

17. Pearce92

Pearce92 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I will agree i have a M-100 and love it i dont think you can go wrong with either brand moultire or covert

18. Bootlegger

Bootlegger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Not sure whats up. I have a Bushnell, Moutrie and Stealth cam. My two Wildgame one's are the best I have...they work great for me.

19. Goosepond Monster

Goosepond Monster Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    In my experience the WGI cameras have a very slow trigger. I bought a couple of Truth Cams from Primos and have been very happy with them. I won a Primos Blackout from a contest Primos did on their Facebook page and it is a great camera. Recently some of the pictures were coming up with a purple tint or they were green washed. I contacted Primos, sent in my old camera and had a new in a little over a week. I think that the Primos cams are hard to beat when it comes to their price and trigger speed, plus the picture quality is pretty darn good.

20. FearNot

FearNot Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    That can drive ya nutz