Grim Reaper vs Nap Killzone

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by SwhackAttack, Dec 11, 2012.

1. SwhackAttack

SwhackAttack Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Anyone here have and experinces with these broadheads? Ihave heard good things on both broadheads. So if anyone can share some experinces it will be greatly apreciated thanks.

My setup Diamond Fugitive IBO 337
    draw length 27inch
    Weight 63lbs
    Carbon express Maxima KV arrows

2. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I used the Grims last year. Although I recovered both a buck and doe I shot with them I didn't get a complete pass through on either animal. The arrow did come out the back side on the buck about 4 inches. The exit hole was tiny. I don't see how anyone can argue the blades failed to deploy. I stopped using them after that. My local group I run with are all using the Killzones. We have taken a dozen plus deer collectively this year. The wound channels and blood trails have been outstanding with a 100% recovery rate. Most deer haven't made it 50 yards. The last doe I shot didn't make it more than 10.

Go with the Killzone! IMO!

3. ATbuckhunter

ATbuckhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    It depends what you want. I like the fact that the kill zone will have a big entrance wound like the rage but unlike the grim reaper. IMO the kill zone is a better BH and that's what i would go with.

4. TheGreatBwana

TheGreatBwana Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Grim Reapers

5. mpp0010

mpp0010 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Ditto

6. MUDSHARK

MUDSHARK Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I SHOT Grim Reapers, and like them alot. i have never shot the kill Zone, dont know anything about them. I dont plan on going to any other BH. However last year i shot a small doe that the broadhead didn't pass thru. It stayed in a Rib on oppsite side. (Heart Shot) but i bought a new blade that year (2011) that was 1 1/2 inch cut still at 100 grains. I waS TOLD that the BH WAS thiner, the blade and shaft to compensate for the longer blades. Some other Friends had the same problem. so this year i purchased the 1 3/8 inch cut again and had no problem with the doe i killed, it went thru the oppsite leg. (BH Broke oppsite Leg) The Buck i killed i did the same thing broke the Oppsite Leg. Thats what i am for is the oppsite leg.

Good Luck, I'm sure either BH will treat you right. As long as your shotting the spot your suppose to.

7. JGD

JGD Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I shot an antelope and a deer with the Killzone this year. Neither went over 25 yards and the entry and exit holes were huge. Haven't used the GR but I'm sure it will do the job as well.

8. englum_06

englum_06 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    3/3 this year using Killzones.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355288117.678501.jpg