Target archery

Discussion in 'Target Archery' started by julien, Dec 10, 2012.

1. julien

julien Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I am looking to get into competitions or 3d tournaments. Any tips?

2. Pinnacle Archery

Pinnacle Archery Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yes, get involved with your local club. You can search for one on the internet or go to the local shops and sign up there!

3. Caelie

Caelie Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Get comfortable with your equipment, understand how it works and why it works. Don’t be scared to play around a little bit with your equipment, the way it’s tuned. Don’t let someone else tune your bow for you, learn to do this yourself. Learn what happens when you do shoot, so if something goes wrong, you will know how to correct the problem. However, don’t get so carried away with tuning that you have to tune constantly.

4. Sticknstringarchery

Sticknstringarchery Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    learn to shoot very well out to the max yardage of the class you are in. I actually like to double my yardage when practicing. Most of my practice is 50-70yd now. I shoot the hunter class and the max yardage is 30yd. That's the first part. The second is yardage judging. Take your range finder everywhere you go and judge yardages. Go out in the woods and judge yardage and check with the range finder. Once you can shoot well and you can judge yardages, you got it. Then its working on nerves. Remember have fun no matter what though.