Thought on G5 sights

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by kregs, Nov 25, 2012.

1. kregs

kregs Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Anybody have any thoughts or opinions on G5 sights, particularly the Optix XR2 or the Opitx XR? I have been considering one of these, I currently have been shooting a HHA adjustable single pin sight. I realy like this but would thinks a couple fixed for close shots and an adjustable for longer shots would be the best of both worlds.

2. Jtmoney2002

Jtmoney2002 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have the Xr2, I really like it. I sight in the first pin at 25 and my bow will hit its spot from about 5 yards out to 30 yards. Then i sight the adjustable pin in 5 yard increments up to 60 yards. When hunting i usually put the adjustable pin all the way to the bottom since i rarely have shots over 30. I think it makes me more accurate not having all the pins in the way and being able to focus more on the target and when practicing long range shots i have become alot more accurate since installing this sight earlier this year.

3. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I'm looking to pick up the XR sometime this summer. They make good stuff. My dad had a Rock on his older bow. Worked great until he ran it over with his truck :busted:

4. tanner

tanner Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have the Optix XR. Great sight but you will need the light for shooting in low light conditions.

I have my 3 fixed pins at 20,30 and 40. I can shoot the floater out to 80 yards. I like practicing at 80, it makes 20 and 30 yards so much easier.

5. julien

julien Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I like the optix xr

6. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have an XR2 on my Answer and I do a 25 fixed pin and use the bottom set at 35...if I need to shoot longer I dial the yardage in and move the bottom pin.
    At times in some stands if there is very little chance of a shot past 30 yards ...I just lower the bottom pin out of the way and I love the clean sight picture if the single pin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. indynotch50

indynotch50 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have the rock sight, 4 pins, .010 pins.
    The sight was a great for a while. My complaint is that it's not that bright and I bought a cheap light which didn't work well either.
    The sight was a tank though. Like Fitz said, it took a truck to destroy one.

I just got the trophy ridge cypher and love it. It's not a tank but it has a ton more light, a great light and a big ring that glows in the dark. It's made for light.
    I went with a 7 pin (90 yards!) but they make 5 also.

8. Carl77

Carl77 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ive been tossing the idea of the optix around too...Also like the trophy ridge cypher and react...

9. julien

julien Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My quiver is a g5 headloc and it is very quality. I would imagine all g5 products are built the same