How's The bow scene out there these days?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by atlasman, Nov 25, 2012.

1. atlasman

atlasman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Haven't really paid much attention to bows in the last couple years. Real life took over for awhile and I just haven't kept up. I shot my Destroyer VERY little this season to warm up even. Partially spoiled by how easy/well that bow shoots too I guess.

Anyways, what's up out there?? Is Bowtech still any good?? I have owned a patriot, allegiance, equalizer, admiral, and destroyer 350. Obviously I like their bows but in my glancing the last couple years I didn't even see anything worth shooting. They bombing since Savage bought them or they still rockin'?? This year is a re-release of the destroyer?? Lame.

Mathews looks same to me as they did 10 years ago. Smooth, soild, accurate, easy shooting bows. Yawn. No offense as they are fine bows but be great at SOMETHING man.

Hoyt???.....I honestly know no one that shoots a Hoyt anymore. Shame, I always liked them.

PSE???........just never feel right to me.

Bear/Alpine/Mission/Diamond........amazing how nice a bow you can buy for $300-$400 these days.

So what's up out there?? Anything remotely exciting hitting the market this year??

Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
  2. WesternMdHardwoods

WesternMdHardwoods Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    There has not been anything that has impressed me as far as specs go this year. It seems almost everyone made the same bows but put a new name on them, the archery industry is basically at a stand still.

Bowtech has not released there "new" bows this year yet, they will release them at the ATA show this year, the re-release of destroyer was a special edition thing.

PSE never felt right to me either but I haven't shot one in two years, I have heard through the grapevine and one dealer that they completely revamped the draw cycle on them and they are much smoother....? I wouldnt count them out until you shoot one. I will check them out this year to see if that statement has any truth to it!

3. Vito

Vito Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Why, when you can remake the same bow year after year and still sell a ton of them?

4. iamsamsamiam

iamsamsamiam Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah, bow companies are still making bows. Nothing new or exciting. There are only so many ways you can combine stick and string. No need to attempt to reinvent the wheel. If it ain't broke, dont fuk with it.

Welcome back to the sport.

5. Snap-On

Snap-On Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I had gotten out of it myself for a few years and came back to it in 2012. The bows have gotten a bit faster, a lot lighter and better looking plus more expensive.

Its still as fun as it was before though!

6. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Check out some of the other manufactures beside the big guns....bows from Prime, Elite, Strother ect ect....some great bows out there being produced by some of the smaller companies.

7. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I am shooting a new Bowtech Assassin and love it. Inexpensive but a great shooter, smooth and pretty quiet. Bowtech's customer service and finish issues have held them back a little I think.

The new Elite's look really nice to me (I really like the Hunter). Maybe not screaming fast but great shooters and they have what I hear is the best warranty and customer service in the business. Just out of my price range or I may have bought a Hunter instead of an Assassin.

The 2013 Bears look good. I really liked the looks of the Method but couldn't find one to shoot when I was buying.

Mathews/Hoyt are still making solid bows, but out of my price range so I couldn't even consider them.