Need some help...

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by DeerSlayer_T3, Nov 25, 2012.

?

Which bow for whitetail deer?

1. Mathews Creed

8.7%
  2. Mathews Heli-m

26.1%
  3. Mathews ZXT

8.7%
  4. Mathews Chill

13.0%
  5. Other

52.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. DeerSlayer_T3

DeerSlayer_T3 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Anyone have/shot/had experience with the 2013 Mathews CREED? I currently shoot the Mathews Mission Craze... I like it, but I want an upgrade!!! :D
    I've also been thinking on the Helium too...
    Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!!!!
    Thanks,
    Sammy :tu:

2. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    What about the Craze don't you like? That would help me vote on the others..

3. JGD

JGD Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome to the site....Shoot them all, then make a choice. I would never choose a bow based on anyone else's advice. I might shoot one based on their advice but not choose one for that reason.

4. DeerSlayer_T3

Dislikes Received:
    Not as fast as I would like... Nothing I hate about it... Just wanting to upgrade

5. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Not trying to be rude but you're talking such a small amount of fps increase between the craze and any of these listed to even make a difference. Also you gotta remember speed is important but not merely as important as momentum, what good is sending a ping pong ball at 100fps compared to a golf ball at like 50mph (arrow selection/build make the biggest difference in penetration not speed).

If you merely want a new bow I'd probably say the same as anyone would say, shoot what you're interested in. Me personally I like the Creed's design, bout time a bow company doesn't look just at speed (slightly less on the Creed than past models) and start building a smoother drawing bow (one of my top things).

6. ATbuckhunter

ATbuckhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome to the site. I would suggest you go to a shop and ask to test shoot them all and see which one you like best for the type of hunting you would mainly be doing most of the time.

7. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    *I should have added, honestly between the bows you listed it's all gonna be feel on your end. Any new bow from any manufacturer anymore is pretty much going to make a hunter happy out there. They'll all fling arrows at speeds capable of killing anything in North America (our ancestors used recurves haha). Just have fun with it, if anything like me buying a new bow every year isn't an option so have fun with the choosing part!

8. JoshD

JoshD Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    If you're looking for speed I wouldn't be looking at those bows. You might try shooting the PSE dream season EVO or Omen. I had a EVO and loved it. I shoot heavier arrows and it was still blazing fast, I regret selling it because I loved it. Bowtech makes some fast bows but I haven't bought one, just shot a few and they were great. Mathews Monsters are super fast too. I love mine. Speed bows aren't as "forgiving" usually but a little practice and form correction and I have had great success with the ones I had. Shoot as many different ones as you can and decide for your self! Every bow shop says they have the best so just go by how they feel! Good Luck!

9. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Mathews MR6 if you want the truth. Best bow out if you ask me. But I did put in a vote on the options you gave. But seriously, give the MR6 a look..

10. DeerSlayer_T3

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks or the honest opinion! Never really thought of that... I shoot the GoldTip Expedition Hunter. I like em pretty good. What type of bow do you shoot?

11. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    I recently splurged for me, and got a brand new Mission Venture last year...and honestly doubt I will be upgrading my bow in the future for years. I will be upgrading my arrow and broadheads though as to create a harder hitting pass through guaranteed set up (well as close to guaranteed as I can).

Before the Venture I was using hand me downs from the old man, a High Country and before that an old Browning (was like a five foot tall bow haha) and they shot slow, but I downed many a buck with pass throughs....yuppers got pass through shots and wasn't shooting the brand new 330+fps bows ;)

That all said I am big Mathews fan just based on the people who started and runt he company (not saying bad guys run others though)...main reason I chose to go with Mission (made by Mathews). If you're going to go shoot new bows, check out the Mission Ballistic you may be shocked like I was when I shot it.

12. JCraig

JCraig Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Why stick with just Mathews bows? Nothing wrong with them, but I'd suggest checking out the Elite Answer, PSE DNA, and possibly wait to see what Bowtech has to offer for the upcoming year. If I had to pick out of the bows you listed I'd go with the Creed, if I had the $ right now I might look into one myself. Just got a new target bow :lol:

13. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Go shoot them. I'm gonna order a Creed soon, but I will say that I was surprised with how much I liked the Chill.

14. iamsamsamiam

iamsamsamiam Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Because everything else is just a bow.

15. ruck139

ruck139 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    All I am going to say is there is WAY, way too much emphasis put on equipment in bowhunting. The best bowhunter I know shoots a bow that is well over 10 years old. The bow you have now is fine, save your money.

16. JCraig

Dislikes Received:
    Excuse me? I guess I don't understand.

17. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Just read the majority of his posts and you will....

18. JCraig

Dislikes Received:
    :lol: One of those guys huh?

19. DeerSlayer_T3

Dislikes Received:
    Because Mathews is Second To None!