Mission Ballistic?

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by bauer6, Oct 29, 2012.

1. bauer6

bauer6 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I know its a newer bow that has just came out, but im trying to get reviews on it because christmas is right around the corner yes christmas haha. The reason why is because me and my girlfriend are gonna split the cost on a bow for her dad this christmas. The past four years he has been saying he is going to get a new bow but when that time comes around something has happened majorly were he has to spend the money on the issue. We both can tell it is bothering him because his bow is old and is starting to have problems. Im not gonna lie ive looked at the bow only online and like it a lot my self from just looking at it online seems to be alot of bow for $500! Just trying to get all the info i can so we can get started on this bow for him.

Any reviews and help will be Highly Appreciated!

2. julien

julien Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    It's seems pretty accurate and fast. Based on the videos I watched on YouTube it's got a solid back wall and a smooth draw. It's inexpensive and has the same cam system as the monster line if bows from Mathews.

3. julien

julien Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    It also depends on if he likes speed or accuracy. He he wants accuracy go with the venture. It's the same price but its a forgiving single cam. It also has the string suppressors on the cam and idler wheel and the dead end string stop like all Mathews. In my opinion he should go with the venture

4. bauer6

bauer6 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah i actually went out to my local pro shop after this post to give it a look and shoot it, My thought on it was Smooth, fast, queit, but honestly was not a fan of the grip one bit i absolutely hated it. While i was there i shot the new Hoyt Charger and loved everything about it, I dont have one complaint about that bow. Seem to be a steal for $650 for the whole package. I also shot the PSE Brute and my goodness that thing felt rough in my hands. I just wanted to have a personal feel for my self so i can bring these bows up to him to see his thoughts maybe with out giving the surprise away. From what i know about him and how he likes his bows im pretty sure he would like the Hoyt Charger with out doubt but i could always be wrong, But i know the guys at the shop pretty well and they said if he doesnt like it that he is more than welcome to bring it back and try out the other two bows. And i didnt even see the Venture there

5. InnerX CBS

InnerX CBS Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Have one here in the shop. Great bow for the price point. At $499 you cant really find a better bow. Fairly smooth, fast, good ATA and BH. Back wall is not the most solid but that can be taken care of a little bit. As others have said the grip is not the best either but what do you wont on a 500 dollar bow. You can take any Mathews grip and put it on or shoot of the riser. Good all around bow for the price. Quality product.

6. bauer6

bauer6 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    You can take a Mathews focus Grip and put it on the mission ballistic? because thats the only issue i had with the Mission Ballistic was the grip and i know my girlfriends dad wont like it either. And do you have any of the Hoyt chargers at your shop yet? That is another bow we were looking at for him also and just trying to get reviews together

7. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    IMO for $500 this a great bow. I shot it a few times yesterday and I was amazed at how nice it felt. I would throw a Harmonic Stabilizer in the riser and replace the grip with a Focus grip and call it a day. Honestly, I think this is a wonderful bow and wouldn't hestitate to hunt with it.

8. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    If I was in the market it's the first bow on my check out list....but I'm extremely happy with my Venture (with harmonic stabilizers) and don't see the need for a switch any time soon.

9. bauer6

bauer6 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I honestly didnt know you could put a focus grip on it, Like i said the only issue i had with it was the grip and i know my girlfriends dad wouldnt like the grip either. That was why we were leaning more towards the Hoyt Charger because of the grip. Now that we know we could put a focus grip on the bow im pretty sure that it will be the winner! i also would not hesitate to hunt with that bow if it had the focus grip on it. The Ballistic was a fantastic bow all around besides the grip. Your getting a whole lot of bow for $500 to say the least!

Thanks for confirming that you can put a focus grip on it!

10. InnerX CBS

InnerX CBS Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry for the delay. Yes you can put any Mathews grip on it, including the focus.

11. 93firebird

93firebird Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm glad to see the reviews on this bow, I just took a look at one this evening. After reading this, I'm going tomorrow to put some money down on one.

12. ajakes32

ajakes32 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    My friend bought this bow and loves it. I have shot it. It's quick and quiet and would consider buying after I get a few good years on my mission craze. Mission is an excellent company overall and have not had one complaint.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

13. EastTexas21

EastTexas21 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I purchased a ballistic last July and absolutely love it. I shot my first deer with it thanksgiving weekend. I only have 2 complaints about the bow. One be the bulky grip. After a few weeks of shooting though you get use it. I plan on purchasing a thinner grip though. My other complaint is the plastic limb pockets. I just don't like the looks of them. Other than that the bow is great, good back wall smooth draw and very little vibration.

14. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    love mine. First time I shot it I walked out of the shop with it. It just "fit" which is saying something as it was the first time I shot left handed after switching to lefty from right (eye dominance.) I shot right handed for over 20 years (Golden Eagles and then Dartons,) and maybe an hour of shooting the Ballistic lefty it felt like I been doing it all my life. Maybe I could have found a better bow for under $800 but I doubt it, and didn't want to waste any time trying. I personally like the grip, but I got me some massive paws. It could even be bigger and I'd be OK w/ it.

The thing is more accurate than I ever was before, and is very smooth. My Darton was a bit quicker, but I was also shooting 80lbs back in those days!

All that being said, if I were you I'd take him to the shop. Highly personalized choice. What works for you may not work for him, no matter the price.