bowmaster press ?

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by fairtondoeslayer, Sep 5, 2012.

1. fairtondoeslayer

fairtondoeslayer Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    what's up fellow deer slayers, i was wondering if someone could help me with a question, i have a bowtech invasion cpx and i need to fine tune it, in order to do this everyone is saying i need to put the bow in a press and do some twisting on the yoke cables, i tried taking it to 2 different bow shops in the area and neither of them did it right, they just moved the rest from left to right and from what i understand you have to leave the rest at center alignment. anyway i just needed to know if there was a cheap portable bow press that would work on that bow, i looked at the bowmaster and the website is saying that it won't work on the past parallel limb bows

2. ILLbucknut

ILLbucknut Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    You need an EZ press and a draw board to tune the Invasion to perfection. Sound like you need to find another shop also.

DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT try and use a Bowmaster press, not even with the split limb adapters. Twisting the yoke cables will alow you to tune out any cam lean which needs to be checked at full draw (hence the draw board).

Good luck in your shop search.

Where you located anyway?

3. fairtondoeslayer

Dislikes Received:
    yea i would have no problem taking it to someone else but there isn't anyone for another 1 1/2 hrs, and i can't see driving that far

4. fairtondoeslayer

Dislikes Received:
  5. Matr138920

Matr138920 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I own a bowmaster press and I believe they sell attachments for past parallel limbs. I don't know for sure though.

6. frantic29

frantic29 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    They do not sell attachments for past parallel limbs. I've been looking into getting a press and looks like for the most part guys with past parallel limbs are stuck with having to get an EZ press.

7. fairtondoeslayer

Dislikes Received:
    i came up with an alternative for a bow press, i pull the string back a little and have my wife stick a screwdriver thru the cam and it releases the tension just enough to make quick adjustments, got the bow all tuned up the other morning, shoots like a dream now and actually got quieter

8. julien

julien Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    What part of nj? If you are in northern nj , go to the heritage guild. It is in east branchburg. The bow smith is really good and they may just be able to help you out

9. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Your joking right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. fairtondoeslayer

Dislikes Received:
    no not joking, none of the archery shops around here seem to know what the hell they are talking about so i had to take matters into my own hands, i only draw the bow back a few inches and its enough to release the tension and do what i need to do as far as twisting the yoke cables, i wouldn't try installing a peep or anything using this method

11. fairtondoeslayer

Dislikes Received:
    Julien i'm in south jersey, almost cape may so that would be quite the hike for me

12. Pinnacle Archery

Pinnacle Archery Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    You need to find good proshop, if one is not available we take bows in for tuning. Sometimes the cost of the ups is cheaper than running all over town to get nothing done. Very reasonable prices and top service!