***Team 10 - Nocked and Locked Thread***

Discussion in '2012 Deer Contest' started by Sticknstringarchery, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Sticknstringarchery

Sticknstringarchery Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'll do as Fitz is doing for his team and highlight as we check in:

Christine+
    flyguy415+
    cougarmag+
    BH.COM-Clinton
    Sticknstringarchery+
    liwhitetail+
    Dunn County
    Dubbya
    JoshKeller+
    Skywalker+
    hoyt_64+
    Drath+

Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
  2. jfergus7

jfergus7 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Geez not one good teammate for you Sticknstringarchery. We all know dubbya and Clinton can't hunt for a darn and Christine is to busy shooting fish and showing off her new car! LOL Good luck!

3. Sticknstringarchery

Dislikes Received:
    Well Guys and Gall, I really hope we have a great season. I will go ahead and promise a doe. I will try for a big buck as well. I AM NOT passing up deer at the first part of the season like I did last season.

I see names I don't know so I think maybe we should introduce ourselves. I'm Doug and I'm a bowhunting and archery addict. I shoot all the time and have been shooting for right at two years I have been hunting for this makes 3 and I have used a bow for all 3. My first season I used one only because thats what everyone else did. I could hit a pie plate at 20 and thought thats what you were supposed to do until I found online forums such as this one. I started shooting on a regular basis after the season was over. I shot my first 3D this year and placed top 5 in all of the tournaments in my class. That was 6 tournaments and I had one class win and two second places in those six. My knowledge of hunting has came mostly from here as this has been my hunting family since April of 11. I have 2 brothers who hunt but, not like I do or most of the guys on here do. I have gotten one of them more involved and he has learned a lot through me from everyone on here. I arrowed one deer last season and lost her so my track record isn't the greatest so I will just have to prove myself this season.

Christine and Dbbya, glad to see you two on our team.

Anyways, Good luck and I know we will do pretty well.

4. Sticknstringarchery

Dislikes Received:
    I just hope I can pull it together for us!! I missed the new car!! I'll have to find that post. Good luck to you as well fergy!

5. Christine

Christine Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I haven't even shot that many fish this year. :(

Hello Team! I recognize some serial buck killers on the list. That's good.

For those that don't know me (count yourself lucky) I hunt on public land in Central Illinois. I'm not a big buck killer but I usually can be counted on for a doe and the occasional mediocre buck. I'll try my best to be productive.

6. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Checking in. My name is Stephen, I've been hunting for about 10 years now, and bow hunting for the last 5 years. I primarily hunt on my 40 acrea, but I am also going to give some public land a try this year to take some of the pressure off my place. I have put a huge amount of effort into making this a great season. I have planted about 3.5 acres in soybeans and feel this is really going to be an advantage for me over past seasons. If you check out the food plot forum' you can see what I have been up to, and I have posted somea trail cam pics in that forum that shows some of the quality bucks I have floatiang around. I just hope I can get everything to come together.

Sticks, I vote we name the team Prime Time!!!!!

7. BH.COM-CLINTON

BH.COM-CLINTON BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    I guess Ill check in to. My name is Clinton Fawcett, I Live in central Il, And this will be my 21st bow season. I cant believe that I was put on a team with my Idol dubbya I love that guy.

8. Sticknstringarchery

Dislikes Received:
    Now that gets my vote my friend! I'll get on my laptop and highlight you guys names later today.

9. hoyt_64

hoyt_64 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'll go a head and check in and introduce myself as well. This will be my 19th year bowhunting. I took my first deer with stick and string at age 11. My father, a bowhunter of over 45 years, always made a huge effort to take me hunting every chance he had. I live and breath for bowhunting, and enjoy the journey just as much as the reward! I work two jobs. I help farm the family ground and am a principal at a small rural school. I also have a young family, so my time afield can be slim. However, I am blessed with a hunting wife (a seasoned vet herself with three 155" bucks on the wall) and very supportive parents and in-laws who love to babysit in the fall! Even though I have almost sole access to over 450 acres here in North Missouri, I have had a 5 year drought on killing a mature whitetail. I have had tons of pics and close encounters, but it just hasn't worked out. This year I have worked hard to establish half a dozen small "killing plots" in my prime spots, but the drought has lessened their success. I won't promise a big buck, but trust that I will be in the woods every chance I get chasing my hit list bucks. Good luck everyone! I look forward to getting to know all of you and following your respective hunting seasons. Best Regards, Eric.

10. Dunn County

Dunn County Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Checking in. I'm a western Wisconsin hunter; you can guess the county. I live in La Crosse, WI so I strictly hunt weekends as I have to travle back home to our family farm and leased properties. I have 5 weekdays I will use vacation time for around the rut if I need to. I will hunt almost every weekend with the exception of some dates in late September and early October. I may also get on some public land in La Crosse, Jackson, and Buffalo County a couple times this year for some mid week hunting.

Lets see I've been hunting with my dad since I was 7 so 19 years now. I have been bow hunting for 5 of those years, regardless my fiancé will tell you bowhunting is my life. This year I have just over 700 acres to hunt. I have 80 acres which is about 60 wooded and 20 hay. 120 acres with 110 wooded and 10 crp. Also, 5 acres of corn and fence rows. These 3 properties are leases. Then, I have 120 acres of 60 wooded, 30 corn, 20 pasture, and 10 crp. Lastly, I have 380 acres with 300 wooded, 70 crp/trails, and 10 in food plots. My family has the leases and the 120 acre properties solely to ourselves. My brother and I are the only 2 who bow hunt so we work together to hunt these and mange pressure. As for the 380 acres that property is again managed by my family and my uncle. My uncle also sometimes lets a couple friends of is hunt when they come around all buddy buddy late October (that frustration is for another day). This makes this difficult and annoying throughout the season when working diligently to manage this property correctly. Needless to say it is typically him, my brother, and I bow hunting the property. I hope that is the case this year!
    All of these properties are close to each other. All but 1 are only separated by 1 property in between. Occasionally we see Hit List bucks on multiple properties over the course of the season.

We continue to practice QDMA as do many neighboring properties, however, there are also 2 neighboring properties who just stack up everything which again makes managing deer difficult. I respect their right to do what they do, but it is what prevents many deer from reaching 3 1/2 status and almost all deer from making it past 3 1/2. The area we hunt has produced some quality bucks and as a result gets hunted by many hunters. I have a couple great bucks on camera and have seen another 10 good bucks out scouting. Not sure where they will wind up a month from now, but I'm optimistic as I know there are quality bucks in the area as usual. I am hoping for 1 more round of checking camera chips before season rolls around and am optimistic about what those results will say.

Best of luck to the team and I look forward to learning more about each member and sharing our stories!

Last edited: Sep 1, 2012
  11. flyguy415

flyguy415 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hi all! My name is Patrick I live and hunt in Grayson Co. TX. I have been bowhunting for 15 yrs.. I am an accomplished archer as I have been an Oklahoma State archery champion, and runner up numerous times.. I have placed in countless local 3d Archery tournaments.. I hunt primarily on a 40 acre section of private land that backs up to the Hagerman National Wildlife Refuge fence line. The Texas state archery non- typical "Big Boy" 224" was killed on Hagerman by Jeff Duncan in 2007 less than a 1/4 mile from the property I hunt. This deer was killed on a 3 day draw hunt on Hagerman. This is county where legal bucks must be at least, 13" inside spread. So we grow some big boys.. The largest deer I had on my trail cam last year was a 30 pointer. He was killed by a hunter on the refuge also last year by a man on the drawn 3 day archery hunt.. I did have at least, 8 other bucks on cam scoring from 130"-165"... I harvest a buck and doe every year religiously... I will guarantee this team I put deer down.. I also, hunt hundreds of acres of corps of engineers property around Lake Texoma... I shoot a 2007 diamond Liberty, Spot Hogg Hogg It sight, trophy taker arrow rest, I shoot gold tip 5575 arrows, and 3 blade 100 gr. muzzys..

I am glad to be part of this team and I look forward to contributing to its success..

flyguy415

12. flyguy415

Dislikes Received:
    I vote team Country Killr'z

13. JoshKeller

JoshKeller Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    im here guys. would have checked in sooner, but just spent 3 days at the bear hunting lease.

14. Dunn County

Dunn County Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    How is the season starting to shape up for everyone?

15. flyguy415

Dislikes Received:
    Well, I'm ready... Season doesn't start here until sept. 29... So it's all preparation now.. I've been checking trail cams and if things stay the way they are now I will fill a tag on opening day.. I have them patterned... Hope it stays that way...

16. Skywalker

Dislikes Received:
    So far so good. I've got quite a few quality bucks that are hanging around my place. I have food, water and bedding, so hopefully they will continue to hold on my property. Here a few pics of the bucks I'll be chasing.

This buck seems to be pretty old and mature. Not the highest scoring, but looks cool and will have a lot of mass. Call him Stripe because he has a dark stripe running down his spine.
    [​IMG]

This buck has some great beams. Calling him Beemer.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#1 on my list is this guy. Just calling him #1
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here's another nice one, I think I'll call him Curly.
    [​IMG]

This one might be hard to pass, but I probably should. I call him Middle Finger.
    [​IMG]

Here's another that would be hard to pass. Next year he might just be a giant.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 28, 2012
  17. Sticknstringarchery

Dislikes Received:
    As far as bucks and what exactly I have, I have no idea what they have become. I changed my game up a little This season. I stopped running cams somewhere around April. I know which ones made it and what they could be this season. I have stayed out of the woods except hanging my stands and only outing out minerals. The longest stent I went without going in was around 2 months. I wanted to try staying out and see what happens this season. When I did go in the other day, my mineral sight was tore up and they have started using an old trail I was hoping they would use again. It is beat down with 3 trails intersecting into one then back out to 4. I killed my last deer off that trail but, with all the activity near it last season, they stopped using it. Should be a good season!

18. Christine

Christine Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Nice bucks Skywalker!

We need a team captain and a team name.

19. liwhitetail

liwhitetail Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Whats going on guys, looking good on the cams this year can hardly wait another month! all my stands are up and I am looking forward to an awesome season in the woods.

20. Skywalker

Dislikes Received:
    Anyone sporting a chicken face avatar gets my vote!