*** Official Rules & Contest Info, 2012 Deer***

Discussion in '2012 Deer Contest' started by Fitz, Jul 17, 2012.

1. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    This contest is free and anyone can sign up to be on a team. Once the sign-up period has ended we will pick teams. The amount of teams and number of people per team will be based on the total number of participants. Each team will then be allowed to have their own separate team thread where members can chat back and forth about their seasons, and of course talk smack to other teams. The winning team from last year will return to defend their title (Team 27, Monster Raxx).

The official scorecard thread will be posted as soon as teams are drawn. When you kill a deer you are expected to post your photos, score, and other information in that thread. The scorecard will be updated by a staff member as we have time.

If you shoot a deer before the contest officially starts, you will be allowed to post it once you have been assigned to a team. Speaking of which, the contest will officially run from September 1st to January 15th this year. I understand that some seasons run longer, but for the sake of keeping people interested we're going to end it mid-January. At that time a winner will be announced, and you'll have bragging rights for the next 12 months and a gift certificate to the Bowhunting.com shopping cart.

Scoring system will be as follows:

Each participant is allowed to enter ONE antlered deer. This must be the FIRST antlered deer that you harvest during the season. If you are fortunate enough to harvest a 2nd antlered deer, it will not be eligible for this contest.

Score will be based on GROSS total score using the P&Y scoring system. All measurements must be listed at time when score is posted. If anyone has any problems with scoring, please ask for help first.

Mule Deer and Blacktail deer will not have a multiplier for the inches of antler that the animal scores. Whatever the gross score is will count as your final score.

Each participant is also allowed to enter ONE antlerless deer as well. Antlerless deer, regardless of size, will count as 50 points.

Rules for entry:

1. All deer entered into this contest must be harvested legally within the laws and regulations of the state or province in which it was harvested. This contest is only for fun so please, don't break the law.

2. All deer entered into this contest must be harvested with archery equipment only. After all, this is Bowhunting.com. This includes compound bows, traditional equipment, or crossbows. This also means you can't shoot a deer with a gun and enter it into this contest.

3. All entries must be accompanied by a minimum of TWO (2) photos of the hunter with the deer and your archery equipment in the picture. If you can manage to take one picture, you can also manage to move 4 feet to the side and take another one. It's not that hard. There will be NO exceptions to this rule. Two photos with hunter, deer, and bow in photo or it won't count. If you submit a deer without two photos, it will not count. Consider this your warning. This goes for both does as well as bucks.

3a. If you harvest the deer on film and can provide footage of you shooting the animal along with post-recovery footage including hunting, animal, and bow, that will suffice in place of two photos. Footage must be posted online for everyone to see.

4. Along with your photo (or video) you must post the date and time in which the deer was shot.

5. If possible, provide a list of the following information along with your harvest photos. We want to know what kind of gear everyone is using. This is optional. If you don't list your equipment, your deer will still count.
    Bow Make/Model
    Broadhead Make/Model/Weight
    Arrow Make/Model
    Rest Make/Model

6. Above all else, have fun! Don't change the way you hunt for a contest, no matter where it is. If you see a deer that you want to shoot that is going to make you happy then by all means shoot it. Don't worry about what people will think. We're all bowhunters and we should all support each other's decisions on what type of animals we choose to harvest, regardless of size or age.

7. If a buck's rack scores less than 50 points, a minimum score of 50 will be applied. This is known as the "Fergie Clause". This does NOT apply to button bucks. The buck must be a legally "antlered" deer in your state and have a scorable rack.

8. Beginning this year, if you have shot a deer and post the two photos in your team thread, however, do not post the photos and enter it in the Official Scorecard you will be banned from future contests. Last year we had an instance where a team was cost several hundred points because their teammates were too lazy to post their entry in the Official Scorecard. If you can post your harvest in your team thread, you can post it in the scorecard. This is a friendly competition, but it is not fair your teammates to have to suffer due to your laziness.

If anyone has any questions or concerns about the rules or scoring please post them here, pm me or another staff member or you can e-mail me at [email protected] and I’ll gladly assist you!

Thanks everyone!

Fitz

2. frantic29

frantic29 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Got a question. For whatever reason I cannot post pictures to this site anymore. Don't know what happened just one day everything started to error out and no matter what I have tried it just hasn't worked. Will a link to pictures hosted at flickr work in place of pics posted directly in the thread?

3. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Sure, otherwise you can email photos to me & I'll add them to your entry :tu:

4. Backcountry

Backcountry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Now the long wait for the teams to be drawn.. Speaking of which, any idea on the deadline for the sign ups?

5. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I'll end it on Saturday, August 25th. Then draw teams on that Sunday. The alternates list will also start on that Sunday.

6. dawg007

dawg007 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Fitz you going down sucker!

7. dawg007

dawg007 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    All these LADIES are going down too!

Monster Raxx
    rizzo999
    evilstuff
    wibowhuntr
    iHunt
    racewayking
    MNPurple
    rknierim
    Hide-A-Bow
    peakrut

8. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Im fired up! this will be my first year in the contest! cant wait to help my team out!

9. Oly44

Oly44 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    sounds like fun. im in. do i get extra points for my team for getting my first ever deer lol

10. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I guess I never realized how tough of a team that is...I'm down with them losing though :D

11. Dogfish

Dogfish Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Are does worth points? i dont see anything about them in the rules.

12. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    yes you are aloud one doe each...they are worth 50 points

13. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    :tu: :deer:

14. rknierim

rknierim Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    And so it begins... :D Good luck to ya all, yer gonna need it. TEAM 27 ROCKS!! :rock:

15. selfbros

selfbros Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I just hope that I have more people on my team this year. Last year, it seemed that we were considerably lacking in numbers then the those in the lead.

Let's kick the tires and light the fires boys and girls.

16. Jato4x4

Jato4x4 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Just to clarify. I have a quota hunt that starts Aug 11. Will I be able to enter a deer in if I get one then?

17. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Sure can Jato. Good luck this fall :tu:

18. Jato4x4

Jato4x4 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks man. Just went and picked up my new climber, so I really cant wait.

19. youngfart

youngfart Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    LMAO @ Dawg, so the Show Starts
    Rocky

20. selfbros

selfbros Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Just make sure you get a good picture on you kill with your bow and also you in the picture. If you stick it in through the heart then try and get a picture of the damaged heart. "We love those pictures just as much as the whole deer picture. Best of luck to you bud!