Any Experience with Hunters Bliss?

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by San Diego Dad, Jul 6, 2012.

1. San Diego Dad

San Diego Dad Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I ordered a PSE Stinger 3G 29/70 RH Skullworks, but I got interrupted before I could finish. I left it in my basket. A few hours later, I came back and had an email from Hunters Bliss. They reminded me I had an item in my basket and added that if price was the issue, they's take 10% off anyhing I bought. So I finished my purchase and got the discount. Thinking back, maybe I should have switched to a Brute X. This is my first purchase from them. Does anybody have any experience with Hunters Bliss? Bob Riess, San Diego

2. OctaneRudi

OctaneRudi Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Never heard of it, however I'm currently visiting in San Diego and it is beautiful !!

3. Justin Paul

Justin Paul Newb

Dislikes Received:
    My wife ordered me a Brute X december 15th as a Christmas gift!(she's a keeper) They were back ordered. Still haven't received it, and it's all paid for to boot! The only way to get in touch with them is through email from their site. Needless to say This will be the only time I order from them! It's been three days since I have heard from them, all I want is a refund so I can order it somewhere else. I have even filed a complaint with the BBB, they don't even know they exist. Ooh well live and learn. When she ordered it they didn't even tell her it was out of stock until a week later. Not a way to build a reputation in a BILLION $$$$ industry, VERY DISAPPOINTED! stay clear of them.

4. Justin Paul

Justin Paul Newb

Dislikes Received:
    For whatever reason things didn't work out. I can't say if it was PSE beeing back ordered 2 months( I don't think so but maybe) or the supplier wasn't doing their job but, whatever happened, happened. I requested a refund on Friday and it was back in my account Monday morning. I WILL try ordering from them again, something small at first, but mistakes happen and we will see how it goes. I'll update again when I order. Has anyone else had success using Huntersbliss.com ?

5. Hippo

Hippo Newb

Dislikes Received:
    They've been great for me! I had something on backorder once but they came through, but that happens. I've been using them for a while now and no issues at all.

Side note, anyone know where to get the new Foxpro Shockwave call? Can't seem to find it at any store.

6. emo99a

emo99a Newb

Dislikes Received:
    ordered a bow from hunter's bliss before Christmas, arrived this week, (website still says awaiting shipment). bow came from another dealer not hunter's bliss, when order was placed there was no mention of the bow being back ordered (like on other websites). also there are no phone numbers, email through there website is the only way to communicate. (prices for the bow is similar at other websites )

7. HuntersBliss

HuntersBliss Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hey Emo99a

Sorry for the confusion, just to clarify, the bow was not shipped from another dealer, it was shipped directly from the Distributor. We did that to save a few days on the shipment. Bowtech was very delayed on the release of this new 2013 model so we had them all shipped directly from their distributor to save a few days for you and all the others on backorder :-)

One of the ways we keep our prices as low as possible is we don't offer phone support. Just like Amazon and many other online retailers. We are very responsive to emails and online chat though.

We do our best to make every customer 100% happy. Obviously we can't do that all the time but we do our best. The Diamond Infinite Edge's took much longer than we initially anticipated to arrive. For that long delay we apologize.

Hopefully we can help you in the future :-)

Cheers!

8. burnoutboy

burnoutboy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm all for small businesses but Amazon absolutely has phone support. You put your number in and they call you within a minute.

That said I know of many who do not. Seems to me like you're fairly concerned with customer support and feedback if you took the time to join a forum and squash fears. That's a plus in my book. Drop shipping is als a fairly common practice, no big deal there. I may have to give you guys some future business myself.

9. HuntersBliss

HuntersBliss Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks! I appreciate the comments. We definitely do take customer service serious. Inevitably things will always happen but we always do our best to make it right.

Hopefully we can help you in the future, We'll take any business we can get :-)

Cheers!

10. emo99a

emo99a Newb

Dislikes Received:
    hunters bliss,
    just went on your site, the order still says "awaiting shipment"

11. chopayne

chopayne Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I actually don't know of many businesses who have online stores that do not have a phone number to call. I personally wouldn't trust a business that is on the internet with no way to communicate other than emails or chat. A phone call saves so much time when answering questions. Since theyre not registered with BBB thats another flag, not that BBB does anything helpful. But I hope you used a good credit card so that can get your your money back.

12. HuntersBliss

HuntersBliss Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hey emo99a,

It sounds like the status just didn't get updated and it was a simple human error. I'm assuming everything has been shipped though. Most of the backordered 2013 bows have arrived now.

What's your order # I'll make sure that gets updated right now :-)

Chopayne - I agree 100% with you. We will be hiring a fulltime phone support person in April. Right now we just don't have the manpower so it wouldn't be fair t have a phone support like that if we couldn't answer. That will be changing though as we are hiring someone specifically for support.

Not sure what you mean about needing a good credit card to get your money back. If there is any reason anyone needs a refund for something we have always refunded 100% of every order. This business is my livelyhood, I am doing everything possible to manage the growth as best I can.

If anyone needs any info on anything or any order please email me direct at [email protected] next month you can phone too :-)

Cheers!

13. chopayne

Dislikes Received:
    Let me add on to my last comment, I hope you used a good credit card if this vendor ends up being no good. But hopefully we're all honest here and hopefully things work out for everyone. Sorry I did not mean to badmouth someone without knowing more.

Sent you an email huntersbliss.

14. Angelo Fotopoulos

Angelo Fotopoulos Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Here is my very recent personal experience with the *Hunters Bliss* website take it how you will. On March 1, 2013 I ordered a Ripcord Code Red Rest, Tru-Fire Hardcore Max Release and a Diamond Infinite Edge Black OPS Bow Package which I am still waiting on... $534.89 worth of stuff. I didn't hear anything else about my order after paying so I emailed them on March 5, 2013 asking when I might expect the order to ship. Hunters Bliss responded March 6, 2013 saying: it looked like my order was due to ship tomorrow (March 7, 2013). I still had not received my order so on March 19, 2013 I emailed them again asking if there was any info on my order, on the same day Hunters Bliss responded with: waiting on the bow, it shouldn't be much longer. At this point I finally had enough and emailed them again, time stamped at (4:28pm) on March 21, 2013 saying if my order was unable to ship by March 22, 2013 then I wanted to cancel my entire order. I heard nothing back from Hunters Bliss that day (March 21, 2013) so I emailed them the morning of March 22, 2013 stating I wanted to cancel my order and asked to be notified if they ever got the bow in stock. Hunters Bliss responded at (8:46pm) March 22, 2013 saying that my order had shipped that day. I was not given any kind of tracking number on the shipment so now I'm wondering if my order really did ship. I emailed them again yesterday March 24, 2013 with hopes that they could provide me with a tracking number to prove my order was shipped but I have heard nothing from them.

Their online store does not display any information on their merchandise as to if it's in stock or back ordered. Their communication is ok, not the best but I guess that's what I get for trusting a store that only has means of contact through email. Sometimes it does not pay to shop with the cheapest retailer... at this point all I want is my money back as I could have gotten the same items long ago. I personally will never do business with Hunters Bliss again and I will warn all my friends and family as well!

Last edited: Mar 25, 2013
  15. Angelo Fotopoulos

Dislikes Received:
    Ok so here's an update on my previous comment about Hunters Bliss. Bear in mind my order was originaly placed on March 1, 2013... As stated before they told me my order was shipped out on March 22, 2013 after I had asked for a refund. I never received a tracking number for my orders shipment so I sent them an email on Sunday the 24th which got no response and I sent another email this morning March 26th asking again for either a tracking number to prove my order had shipped or a full refund. Hunters Bliss responded finally with a tracking number for my stuff but the funny part is my order didn't actually ship until 9:33 am today March 26. I understand things get back ordered and take longer to fulfill but come on don't BS your customers... especially after they ask for a refund, and update your website so people can see if something is actually available or on back order. I am very disappointed in the Hunters Bliss website!

16. chopayne

Dislikes Received:
    Hehehe. If you have a good credit card you can always get your money back. Sorry you went through that, its got to be frustrating. I emailed the guy but never got a response.

17. Angelo Fotopoulos

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah I used my debit/credit card and you can bet payment was take immediately after I hit the buy button... It doesn't surprise me that they never got in touch with you chopayne.

18. chopayne

Dislikes Received:
    You know that is actually illegal, you actually can't be charged until it ships, companies find loopholes around this but if you have the email traffic and all... and if you got the time and boredom, might be something you look into. Normally I wouldn't condone this but if someone pisses you off that bad, well sometimes you just got to be spiteful.

19. Angelo Fotopoulos

Dislikes Received:
    Good to know chopayne, as of right now my order is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. If everything is how it should be I'll just call it square... but I do have all the emails so I'll hold onto them a while just in case. Regardless of the outcome I will continue to spread the word for others to be leery of this website though.

20. chopayne

Dislikes Received:
    You know, before you order through these online websites, I would try going through the manufacturers directly. Alot of them offer some good discounts, thats how I kept most of my costs low. But I have heard that Lancaster is a good online archery website.