Bear Encounter string supressor

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by JEFF B, Jun 16, 2012.

1. JEFF B

JEFF B Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I just got a Bear Encounter about a month ago and I'd say maybe every 10 shots or so the string jumps the supressor.I find this kind of odd because the rubber end is curved out on both sides. It pops out on the right hand side. The string hits it dead center.Is that normal,or is that a sign that something is wrong. Awesome bow for the money so far, quiet and shoots good.

2. Winston Smith

Winston Smith Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have a Bear Encounter and love it as well! It never jumps the suppressor on me. Are you using a wrist strap release, and not "steering" the arrow left or right?

The issue I'm running into is that the string stop on the cam shredded my cable because it has a raised, sharp edge that contacts it at full draw. I've replaced the cable and wrapped some tape around it, but am going to call Bear for a permanent fix.

Misspellings courtesy of iPhone, so sue me. Go ahead, take away my birthday!

3. JEFF B

JEFF B Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Yes,i'm using a wrist strap release.As far as i know i have half decent form.Most of my arrows go where they should. The weird thing is i had a limb saver string suppresor laying around,and i put that one on and its been fine.Its got a smaller contact area and not near as curved out as the stock one.I shot probably 50 arrows and hasnt jumped it once.I think it looks better too.The only problem i had with my string stop is it loosened up.I loc tited it and its been fine.Is your bow pretty quiet ? I put monkey tails on mine and i think they helped a little

4. Winston Smith

Winston Smith Newb

Dislikes Received:
    It's the first bow I've purchased, so I don't have much to compare to, but it seems pretty quiet to me. I love the accuracy, I'm shooting under 2" groups @ 25 yards, so I think I'm going to give it a year or two and get a top of the line Bear bow.

Misspellings courtesy of iPhone, so sue me. Go ahead, take away my birthday!

5. Ranger23

Ranger23 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I personally bought this bow back in june and i had the same problem. I actually flipped the suppressor over but after awhile it did not help. So i ended up putting a mathews suppressot on it and have had no problems since. Just a tip for those who have had the same problem.

6. bowhunter448

bowhunter448 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I talked to my pro shop about the issue today and they said that everything is ok with my bow. They suggested switching to the Mathews rubber stop, so that's how I'll fix it.