heliM and insane achery cam mount............

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by ky_longbow, Apr 17, 2012.

1. ky_longbow

ky_longbow Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    my insane archery cam mount came in yesterday, tried it out this morning with the playsport mounted, still some vibration..........any suggestions ?
    http://youtu.be/n9JEUsWa8YQ

2. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Unfortunately you're going to get vibration with any bow-mounted camera. It's just the nature of the beast. Overall I don't think it's too bad though. I watched your video and you seem to stay on the target well after the shot, which is key to getting good footage with this type of setup.

Good luck with it this fall! :tu:

3. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Is the camera all the way at the end of the mount?

If you have room bring it back toward to bow a bit at a time, you'll probably find a sweet spot that has less vibration than the end.

4. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Here's how far I was able to move mine in (partly for vibration, but mainly so I can reach my phone screen with my bowhand at full draw:tu: )

[​IMG]

5. ky_longbow

Dislikes Received:
    very observant , yep it was kinda toward the end of the mount , kinda like being on the end of a diving board !!!
    but my threads werent in the best condition, and after playing around with the cam/mount, i stripped them out.....:jaw:......but i know they can be fixed !

Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
  6. montec

montec Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I tried this with the Moultrie Reaction Cam and was not satisfied with the results. I also tried the cam on the brim of my hat which was better but still not satisfied. I'm going back to the best set-up.....camera mount on the end of treestand using your camcorder. No vibration there but you have to be more cautious of movement.

7. ky_longbow

Dislikes Received:
    Fitz you got any footage with the iphone and mount you could share ? Thanks !

8. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I do, but it's from the day I got it. I think I had it at the end of the bracket then. I'm uploading it to YouTube right now & I'll post it when it's done....

9. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    OK, here's the video...

[video=youtube_share;3g51bUmnQ9w]http://youtu.be/3g51bUmnQ9w[/video]

10. InsaneArchery

InsaneArchery Newb

Dislikes Received:
    ky_longbow - Fitz gave you the correct advice and your "diving board" analogy is exactly correct. Also, make sure everything is all tightened securely to your bow. Lastly, I'm not sure where you have it attached to your bow, but if it's over the stabilizer try attaching it to the riser. That seems to be a more solid location on some bow setups. Regarding your stripped threads, I can replace your threads with a 1/4"-20 steel threaded insert and it'll be absolutely rock solid. If your using a Kodak PlaySport Zx3, I also have a Cradle on my website that will increase the footprint of the camera dramatically - http://insanearchery.com/cradle.html. Send me a PM if you want further information on the steel insert. Good luck! And thank you for the help Fitz, I appreciate it!!

Oh yeah, one more bit of advice for self recording your shots... always use a lighted arrow nock to pick up the flight of the arrow. It can make a good video a great video and a great video and AWESOME video. ;o)

Last edited: Apr 19, 2012
  11. ky_longbow

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys big thumbs up to Brian at insane archery , sent my playsport to him last Monday , got it back today , thats service guys !!! The metal threads are awsome , better than original .
    And i found the "sweet" spot on the mount today , very little recoil or vibration now !!!!

12. jfergus7

jfergus7 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Post a new video when you can. Would like to see the difference.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2