Mission Venture vs Bowtech Assassin

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by JakeEmche, Feb 7, 2012.

1. JakeEmche

JakeEmche Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Looking to get a new bow, but not looking to spend lots of money. Both seem like great bows and both are in my price range. I am going to shoot both. I was wondering if anyone has shot either the venture or the assassin? And if you have shot the Assassin, how are the accessories that come in the R.A.K. package?
    Thanks

2. Sticknstringarchery

Sticknstringarchery Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have shot the Assassin and some of the other Missions and if I were going to choose, It would be the Assassin. The only thing I would change would be the rest. Don't get me wrong though, it is 100% capable. Its a good all around package.

3. firefighter bowhunter

firefighter bowhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Stick it seems like you will side with anything that is not a Mathews Product! :poke: Is there a specific reason you are so against Mathews? You have you likes which is cool, just like I do (Which I like Mathews) LOl I was just wondering what is so bad in you thoughts about them?

But off that subject. I have shot the Venture but not the Assassin. I would say shoot both as much as you can and make the call on what feels right for you! We all have different things we like in bows.

4. vitalzone

vitalzone Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    my pick is the assassin

I just purchased the assassin after shooting many bows including the Venture. I picked the assassin because of the
    solid wall at full draw and shock free results of the shot. The accessories are very capable but I have switched out the stabalizer and quiver. The stabalizer that came with the bow seemed to light and the quiver was cumbersome to detach. I will probably change out the rest once the brushes wear out. Hope this helps.

5. ultramax

ultramax Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    op have you looked at the Bear bows?

6. Sticknstringarchery

Dislikes Received:
    Its not that I don't like Mathews. I just haven't shot a Mathews or Mission that I like yet. :lol: Most of the bows that have been compared have shot better in my opinion. Like this comparison. Seriously though, I liked the Maniac and for the price, you can't beat the Craze. I personally don't like the draw cycle on any of the Mathews Solocams. I haven't shot nor have I even seen a dealer carry the MR series binary cam set ups. The biggest thing I do not like is the grip on Mathew's. Most of them have OK draw cycle in my opinion except the new HeliM. There wasn't a thing I liked about that bow. Well, maybe the weight but, that's it.

Its all about the over all shooting experience to me. You'll be hard pressed to find many archers that like Hoyt and also like Mathews and vise versa. They have two completely different feels. Most of the time, if a person likes one, they don't like the other. I still think Mathews makes a great bow, I just don't like the way they feel.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2012
  7. firefighter bowhunter

firefighter bowhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    See that's the great thing is there is so much variety out there so we can find one that we like and not just settle for something close. For example I personally really like the Helim and you don't. Oh and by no means was I knocking you for not liking them. I was just curious about why.

8. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I shoot the Venture and can only comment on it. For the money I'd be really tough to convince you can get just as much bow elsewhere for the price tag.

Now that said, the Assassin is a solid bow from what I know...and like everyone should admit, "Shoot all bows you're considering and choose what feels best to you and is within your price range." *Either of your choices will kill deer no problem at all.

9. Scljrl

Scljrl Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    You won't go wrong with either one. I shoot Bowtech, my son shoots a Mission. It's a house divided, if you know what I mean. Lots of one-up-manship.

10. rtaylor

rtaylor Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Like everyone always says shoot both pick the one that feels best. That being said I shoot an Assassin and it is a great bow. Everything I am looking for. The R.A.K stuff is ok. The apex sight works fine, but traded mine for a Cobra 5 pin. Really don't need a stabilizer but I put on a X-Coil. Hostage rest functionally is fine but the bottom brush wears fairly quickly but the replacements are very cheap (using a rip cord). My buddy left all the R.A.K stuff on and out shoots me every weekend. Good luck.

11. abates352

abates352 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I really like the bowtech assassin.

12. whitetailbowhunter

whitetailbowhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey I have the Bowtech Assassin and have been very happy with it.
    The R.A.K. package items seem to be very good quality. I like the quiver alot and the sight is good and pretty much all that is needed for a beginner. I had the same choice whether to go with the mission or Assassin. I am very happy with my choice.

Good Luck

13. Pro V1

Pro V1 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I currently shoot a mission maniac & have zero complaints about it. I have killed numerous deer with it and mission is a great entry/mid level bow. I'm currently shopping for a new bow since the draw length on my mission is a "little" short for me.

14. Sticknstringarchery

Dislikes Received:
    I understand and was actually impressed at the way you went about asking. That is the great thing about this sport.