The Champs, Team 6 - Tineacious

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Iamyourhuckleberry, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Iamyourhuckleberry

Iamyourhuckleberry Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hopefully, someone will place this thread where it belongs.

Team Six,

It is time to get serious! Let's start communicating plans for the upcoming season. Check in and let everyone know you're alive and doing well!

Iamyourhuckleberry has some grand hunts planned for 2011. I'll start the season in Prudhoe Bay, Alaska bow hunting Caribou. I follow this hunt with a speed goat hunt in Wyoming. I'll have two weekends to kill three pronghorns (archery tackle of course). Then, on the 2nd of September, Kodiakarcher and I are off to Australia for water buffalo...results pending. I am so looking forward to this hunt! I cannot wait to spend time with dear friends Rob Swanson. Rex Kenney, and Justin Losee. Two weeks in the outback...how could life be any better? When I get back to Colorado, I'll be bowing for this:

[​IMG]

With ample snow runoff and rain fall, Colorado's antler growth is the best I've ever seen! I pray my hunting brothers out there take advantage of this year's deer/elk crop!

I have a Colorado rifle elk tag this year, since I'll be in Oz for most of the bow season. I have a Texas hunt planned for early October. The goal is to arrow either an eland or a Scimitar Orxy for the freezer (awesome tasting meat!). I'll spend the last part of October helping all my out of state elk hunting friends...should be a fun time!

November is whitetail season. I have hunts planned in South Dakota, Nebraska, and Virginia. If time permits, I'll try to sneak over into West Virginia for yet another deer.

I'm after Blacktail in Washington State the first part of December...then back to Texas with my daughter on her Xmas break. I may spend time in Arizona for Coues around the first of the year. That hunt is still up in the air.

I hope ya'll are well! I look forward to hearing from everyone on the team!

Last edited: Jul 14, 2011
  2. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Wow, you cut back a little, Will .... lol! My blood brother, we shall reign victorious yet again and this victory will be even sweeter :D .... looking forward to the season boys ... with tons of vacation and more land to hunt, it should be better than last year :) .... let's get a shout out from the rest of team Tineacious

3. Scott/IL

Scott/IL Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    It sounds like you have yet another amazing year planned out so far Will. I can't wait to hear the stories that each of the trips are sure to bring.

I'm currently hoping to make it to Colorado this September with some friends for 7 days of elk hunting, but the hunt is up in the air since the friend I was supposed to be partnered up with may be headed to Wyoming for speed goats instead.

I will of course be hunting my butt off here in Illinois as soon as October 1st rolls around. I've got a sour taste in my mouth from the butt whooping I got from the big boys roaming our farm last year, and I plan to make up for that this fall. I've got most of my rut stand locations picked out, they just need hung. I haven't ran any cameras yet either, but my first video velvet trip last night produced a very solid 10 pointer. (He spooked as I was walking out and the video is short and of him running away, but I got a good look through the binocs before I turned for the camera).

4. Scott/IL

Scott/IL Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Tony you ended the streak of bad luck last year, and it will only get better this year for ya. Your going to smoke a New York brute this year!

5. Iamyourhuckleberry

Dislikes Received:
    Scott,

You need to get a hold of Matt Bozart (bz_711). If not Matt, give Cavan Sullivan a call (owner of Timber Valley Fresh Scents)...google his website for his number. Both represent Illinois' finest. I'm sure they'll take care of you, providing they have the room. If not, and if you care to wait a year, I will gladly hunt with you in 2013. I'm sorry I will not be around this year...

I have high hopes for you this year. I know you were frustrated last year! I hope Isaiah slams a hog too! You're both due!

PT, I'm giddy over your prospects...get'em boy!

Last edited: Jul 15, 2011
  6. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]

TEAM 6 is going to implode!

Last edited: Jul 14, 2011
  7. Aaron

Aaron Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    This Virginia boy is ready to make some noise... err.. actually, I'll make noise After I down my buck. :D Looking forward to it guys. And Will, you better let me know when you are in VA, we gotta meet up again my friend.

8. FEB

FEB Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Checking in gentelmen!
    What a great year you have planned Will. Did you take that picture? What a giant!
    A few of our guys were on limited hunting time last year, I think we'll see even more bone on the ground this time!

I'll be hunting Wisconsin in 2 months. Did a bit of stand location changes on the Illinois property that I'm stoked about. The farmer has corn growing everywhere, and I'll be in every funnel.
    Looking forward to the season BigTime!
    :rock:

9. dawg007

dawg007 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Dawg checking in as "Team 6 Smasher"! Hope you all do well but you wont do as well as what ever team I am on!

10. Iamyourhuckleberry

Dislikes Received:
    Good to hear from you Feb. I agree, time will not be an issue...well, for most of us anyway. I'm sure Isaiah will be under the same restraints as last year. I have a feeling though, he's gonna slam a toad.

I'm exciting for you. Your season looks like it's filled with some great opportunities! Do keep the axe to the stone!

Yes, I did take that picture. I used photoshop to filter it into a watercolor. He's a young deer but look at his antler growth! Usually a muley's tip to tip ear spread is around 22-24 inches. He's easily 4 inches outside his ear on both sides. His brow tines are insane! And, his tops are still growing!

Aaron, I will call you today.

Brett, you are confusing our house with someone else's. Brother,our foundation is rock solid and everything above it is simply magnificent. The bond my team shares can withstand any form of distruction tossed our direction. Ours is the proverbial "Brick house". Watch and learn....LOL

Dawg, as the "Team 6 Smasher", you won't be opposed to us building you a small shrine somewhere in our domain. Afterall, every dawg needs a home, right? At the end of the season and when we return victorious, you'll have the honor of licking our boots as we come skipping and whistling pass....it's the very least we can do for you. Best wishes and good hunting to you amigo.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2011
  11. peakrut

peakrut Facebook Admin

Dislikes Received:
    I look forward to the pictorial story my friend.

T

12. bz_711

bz_711 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Will, you taking 2012 off? :)
    ...I want a full report on that Caribou trip...look forward to hearing about the others as well!

Scott - Will's right - don't give up on your plans. Me and some IL boys are heading out in Sept...PM me if you have interest. I'll give you the same warning others gave me - don't go unless you can get a week free every Sept from here on out (full-blown Elkoholic now)!

Will - if you get bored this fall - you know my place here in IL is all yours, swing by and get the key, heck we even just put an oven in the cabin.

Good Luck Team 6 - you guys look good with huge targets on your back...

13. Iamyourhuckleberry

Dislikes Received:
    LOL...Matt, you are the best!

T, it will be a pleasure....

14. isaiah

isaiah Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    ready for duty! about this time every year i start cranking up, reading old/new articles tinkering with my bow and getttin' my dates (however few) lined up. my big week will be Oct. 25-30th we (bears) play in London the week before so i'm sure i'll be suffering a bit of jet lag but not to worry! gonna do my best to contribute more this yr!

15. drenman

drenman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Matt checking in and really looking forward to this fall. There should be a good lineup of bucks on all my properties. This spring we moved couple stands and added a couple more on both properties based on the movement we saw last year and post season scouting. I really like my chances of seeing some real slammers this year.

I'll be heading to western Nebraska for a pronhorn/mule deer hunt in mid September, I am taking 4 guys with me to a ranch that I've hunted a couple times with a rifle in the past. My primary focus will be putting those guys in good places and hopefully getting a goat for myself. Other than that I'll be hunting my properties and hoping to put down a beast.

I picked up a preference point for Colorado Elk this year so I'm going to be plannig a trip to Colorado next fall.

16. indynotch50

indynotch50 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Will,
    If you don't mind me asking, what is your profession? That is an amazing hunting lineup, what some people dream of.

17. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    His profession is "Hunter" ... his hobby is work :D .... guys, I am looking to put up anywhere from 100"s - 175"s for the team .... gonna try and hold out for a 100"er at least ... but you know me :D

18. Hunteropel

Hunteropel Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The Famous Team 6. Gentlemen I wish you the best of luck, but always remember, NO matter how Big and Bad you are, there is always someone BIGGER and BADDER!!!!!!!!
    You have a Big Bullseye of your back, every team want to be where you are- Champions..
    GOOD LUCK and Happy Hunting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. isaiah

isaiah Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    that's why we run backwards..... to see what second place looks like!!!!!!!
    =-)

20. LittleChief

LittleChief Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Why? You've been there before.:D

Just remember that you can never move forward if you're walking backward. :D