scent attractants

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Hoyt 'N' It, Aug 10, 2010.

1. Hoyt 'N' It

Hoyt 'N' It Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I was wondering what deer lures people like too use and what evryone thinks might be the best brand or brands. Over the years I have mainly stuck to hunter specialties doe estrous, and estrous plus, with dominant buck urine. I have had ok success, but I know with todays deer farms I have read and heard about fresh bottled stuff like ms. doe pee and others. Just wondering what everyone is a fan of?

2. BTGuy

BTGuy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    After using scents for just a couple years now, I have used many brands in many different hunting scenarios and the positive reaction I have gotten was from Scent Shields 'Still Steamin' Doe in Estrous Urine.

I like the theory behind the one deer one bottle manufacturing, and I will probably stick with brands that offer those as a personal confidence booster when I use the product. So I encourage you to experiment with a variety of brands and all across the price board until you find what works for you and gives you confidence.

The spot you are hunting in is more important than any scent, grunt tube, decoy, rattle bag, etc. I would rather let my hunting spots speak for themselves 90% of the time, but do use other tools when the conditions warrant it.

3. shed

shed Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Buck Fever Synthetics

4. Hoyt 'N' It

Hoyt 'N' It Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    thanks for the info troy, I checked out that website it look like awesome stuff! Can you only get that stuff through that webpage or other places?

5. buttonbuckmaster

buttonbuckmaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hooly Juice, James Valley, and Tinks Power Scrape have all worked for me in the past.

6. rednas5

rednas5 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    None. I think it's far more detrimental than any good. I try to be as scent free as possible with zero outside scents.

7. quiksilver

quiksilver Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Used Tampons. Usually Germ's old ones.

8. shed

shed Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    As of now, but according to Jim Lombardi the new owner you will soon be getting it in all the big retail stores.. Been using it since 98, it works very well for mock scrapes. The licking branch scent is awesome, bucks will hit it all summer, the pre/post urine is great and has in infinate shelf life, no rotting ever like protein based scents. I have picture after trail cam pic of bucks hammering these licking branches from June till Dec, The Rut formula is good during the rut, but I would go with the pre/post and licking branch it works year around.. I killed one of my two bucks from last fall off of my synthetic scrape and have killed many of my big bucks in conjunction with these scrapes in sept/oct in the past, I have about 30 bucks on four different scrapes in 4 different areas, right now visiting them weekly, a few almost every day and most of them in the daylight. Public lands, pressured lands etc .. the key is locating the scrapes in areas that big mature bucks feel comfortable on their feet during the daylight.. and then not contaminating it with human odor. I have had amazing results so far this summer since june by adhere to some simple steps... treat each mock scrape set up like a hunt. Use the wind to enter/exit, get real clean, wear rubber boots and latex gloves.. and I only have checked my cams or freshened my scrape drippers during rainy days or really windy days to help cover my intrusions.. I am also now on the BF Synthetic pro staff so if I can help in any way just shoot me some pms. good luck bro, applied correctly and in the right place this stuff really attracts the bucks young and old. I know Ryan( rybo) and Steve Shultzy, two good friends of mine from here, tried it last year and both had great results.. I think Ryan killed his buck over one?? Steve had a big boy visiting his all season.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2010
  9. bigbuckdown

bigbuckdown Guest

sounds like a dream come true ha-ha

10. deerlessindecember

deerlessindecember Newb

Dislikes Received:
    fellow bowhunter,
    I guy I met in Maine uses Hooly Juice with great success... he told me it comes from Sand Ridge Deer Farm in Carlyle, IL.
    I cant seem to find any contact info to make a purchase.
    might you know how to tract them down?
    The deer are in full rut right now... they are not liking the Code Blue that I used in the past.
    We have four weeks of archery left... need to put some meat in the Freezer.
    thanks,
    steve

11. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Holy crap old thread revival....this thing died like 4 years ago....

12. Jacob1

Jacob1 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Its alive!

13. bucksnbears

bucksnbears Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    100%:bow: