Team 4 check-in

Discussion in 'Shed Hunting' started by Shane0709, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Shane0709

Shane0709 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys, I'm shane. I didn't see another thread, so I just thought I would get the ball rolling here. I'm from northern Illinois, and I really suck at finding sheds. I do try hard though. I found an early one yesterday so that makes one. Let's get checked in, and then we can decide on a name/captain. Thanks!

Team 4

Shane0709 - 4
    bucksnbears - 36
    AnthonyZink -
    timcon - 7
    usmc0317 - 9
    bowhunt4abuck - 2
    OkieArrowSlinger - 2

All team members have checked in

Shed Total: 60

Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
  2. OkieArrowSlinger

OkieArrowSlinger Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    OkieArrowSlinger checking in

My name is Andy and I live in Oklahoma, hunt about 30 min. west of OKC. This will be my first time being in this contest. Looking forward to getting to know everybody on the team! I'm not normally a big shed hunter but I'll try and step it up this year for the contest. I've got one really good place and one decent place to shed hunt so we'll see.

Shane's got my vote for team captain. I know he's done it before and has a good place to find some bone.

3. Shane0709

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]

I saw some other teams already posting, so I thought I'd follow suit.

4. anthonyzink

anthonyzink Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well guys I'm checking in! I usually don't have much luck finding sheds but I definitely put the work in to find some! I have a couple new places to walk this year so hopefully I'll pick a few up!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. timcon

timcon Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Timcon checking in ... fair warning .. I'm not real good at checking in on the forum ... sheds for me depend largely on whether I run out of eagle seed forage soybeans before the drop ... last year was good ( mild winter here in Indiana ... food plots getting thin already this year .. and most are still holding ... good news is that I'm retired this year & looking forward to lots of miles in the woods ... I wont pressure the deer until late February here ... good luck to all ...!

6. bucksnbears

bucksnbears Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    howdy team.
    as of now, our deer are a bit stressed due to the winter so i will not get out much untill snowmelt.
    however, i know where a sheet-pile of deer are wintering 3-400 so i'm hoping to help us win this thing:rock:

good luck fellas

7. anthonyzink

anthonyzink Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I like you name lol that's the name I came up for my FB and YouTube channel...it's Kansas Bucks and Beards though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. usmc0317

usmc0317 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys, I'm Tony. I'm up in Northern Wi. Our food plots have been getting hammered so far this late season. We took over this farm last year and I picked up 4 sheds on it in March. We have about 2' of snow up here but they are calling for a strange warm spell and rain. Pending a Packer win Sunday and my level of motivation I might try and do a quick walk through some of the plots to see if I can pick a few up on Monday. Hopefully this quick melt will have a few exposed. Good luck boys!

9. Shane0709

Dislikes Received:
    Oh no, a packer fan........ :)

Lol, I can't really say much for the bears! Chicago football is like a sad breakup story these days. At this point I'm pulling for anyone but Mr. Deflate gate.

Sent from a piece of paper, tied to a rock.

10. usmc0317

usmc0317 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ya, not knowing how much juice Aaron will have left in his career is scary, hopefully we can bleed him for all he's worth while we have him. Teams can flip the script pretty fast in that league, and until that happens in Chicago I'm going to fully enjoy playing in the NFC North. I guess after the season it only gives us more time to dominate this shed contest.

Lets pile them up. If you guys have any out of the box ideas for grabbing some extra sheds feel free to share. I know there are tons of "shed traps" out there. Some a little safer (on the deer) and easier to construct. I might try a few different things this year.

11. Shane0709

Dislikes Received:
    Wow. Team two looks really tough. They have some hardcore guys. Boonerville is a machine...

12. usmc0317

usmc0317 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ya everyone's scenario is different. I have about 100 acres to search on our farm which should turn up a decent amount, but I am also going to walk some awesome bedding on public ground at the first melt. Some guys just have a ton of ground to work with.

13. bowhunt4abuck

bowhunt4abuck Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Bow checked in, I hunt northwestern Illinois and have a really large amount of area to search this year. First big search is planned for next Friday. Hoping for some luck

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

14. Shane0709

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys. We are all checked in. That was quick and easy, no pm's were sent. We can decide on a team name and captain in the near future and then let crick know. Neither of those things matter though, it's the number of bones we put up, obviously. I don't care what we do for either, so you guys decide. I will let Dan know that we have all checked in, and we won't be needing any alts.

15. bowhunt4abuck

Dislikes Received:
    Found this pic of one I found from a last year shed in this December, pretty sure it counts so here we go.

[​IMG]

Shane you seem to be active as hell on here you can be captain imo. As for the name? Boneheads?

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
  16. OkieArrowSlinger

OkieArrowSlinger Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Nice find Bowhunt! Shane's got my vote for captain, he'll stay on top of it. So are bucks already dropping their headgear where you guys are? The winters aren't as harsh here so usually it's mid/late February before they start dropping their sheds.

As for team names? I like boneheads. Just to throw a few others out there... bone brothers, antler assasins, antler ninjas, bone disciples...

17. Shane0709

Dislikes Received:
    I don't mind being captain if you guys want. I also don't mind if anyone else would rather do it. Also, I like Boneheads as a name. I didn't walk today, I started a new job so that was the story. I'm working for a little bit tomorrow, but I'm gonna sneak out and walk a spot where I know there are some bucks that should hopefully be dropping.

18. bowhunt4abuck

Dislikes Received:
    I still have a lot of deer holding headgear in my area

19. dukester78

dukester78 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  20. usmc0317

usmc0317 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Shane has my vote as well.