For Sale - RRA Coyote Carbine 6.8 SPC Upper

Discussion in 'General Classifieds' started by Rick James, May 23, 2014.

1. Rick James

Rick James Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Guys - Looking to unload this upper. It just doesn't get used anymore and I'd like to fund another boat project. $550 shipped TYD.

To give you an idea of value, these sell for $740 new and are next to impossible to find right now. RRA's waiting list is typically 6-12 months on this gun if you buy new. I'm pretty sure I could move this on some of the predator hunting websites pretty quickly but figured I'd give you guys a crack at it first.

The upper has probably 200 rounds through it. It is roughly a 1" gun at 100 yards and is plenty accurate for hunting purposes at any range this caliber is capable of killing game. For those of you interested in an AR-15 caliber capable of longer range than the 5.56 or .223, this is it. I've personally killed several deer with this gun at distances up to 280 yards and it just flattens them. It's also a fantastic coyote round as well that will provide quite a bit more thump than a .223 or 5.56.

The gun has a 6.8 Rem SPC II Chamber with a 16" 1:10 twist barrel. What that means is that it will handle the hotter "tactical" rounds that SSA produces and if you handload it will also take a much hotter load than what factories produce.

It has the Hogue overmoulded handguard on it which for hunting is IMHO the best option out there. It's quiet and not freezing cold to the touch in the winter.

I've also replaced the factory muzzle break with an AR-15 Performance fully adjustable compensator. This comp is permanently pinned on the barrel as it was previously a NY gun (required in NY). While you can't remove it, you can still adjust this comp to make the recoil do different things. Right now I have it setup so that when it goes off there is no muzzle jump and you stay on target for very fast follow up shots.

I'll get an actual picture shortly, but the bottom one in the picture below shows exactly what it looks like. As of now I'm not really interested in negotiating this one, I'm pretty sure it's worth more than this and I can unload quickly. Please send a PM to establish order of interest.

Thanks!

[​IMG]

2. MGH_PA

MGH_PA Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Good buy. If we could actually hunt with them here in PA, I would consider it. Otherwise, a 5.56 platform would be best for me for plinking and range shooting.

Good buy here.

3. Rick James

Rick James Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Bump. I'd really like to unload this, it's collecting dust in the gun safe and I just don't see myself using it anytime in the near future. Make me an offer if interested.

Pics included below......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]