New bow? Z7 Extreme or Helim?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by firefighter bowhunter, Jan 23, 2012.

1. firefighter bowhunter

firefighter bowhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ok well I'm shopping to replace my Mission UX2 and I think I have narrowed it down to the Z7X or Helim, I shot both side by side today and originally I was set on the Z7X and the guy at the shop said I might as well shoot the Helim while I was there. I was impressed with the Helium. I have read on here some guys say the back wall was spongy but I thought it was a real nice and solid. Also guys have said the Helim has more vibration and I would agree with that but I have to say it was a marginal amount and with it being a bare bow I feel that with accessories on it the minimal vibration would disappear. Originally I was knocking the .5 LBS difference in weight but I was surprised at how much I noticed the difference in weight. All in all I really liked both bows! And yes I have taken advise from here and shot many others and I have to say while some others like the Hoyt's and stuff where nice I still like Mathews. I'm kinda torn between the two bows. Who out there has the helium and who has the Z7X and what are your opinions on them?

2. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I'm in a unique spot where I actually own both bows. I haven't shot my Heli-m much, but from the little I've shot it I think I like it better than my z7x. Mostly b/c I prefer the draw stop for the solid back wall and it seems to draw a bit smoother.

If you like them both I don't think you can go wrong either way. Ask them which one you can get a better deal on. :D

3. indynotch50

indynotch50 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I like my z7x because the height, but at the same time, i don't like the weight. however, I haven't shot the helim but my bow guy at the shop says it has a lot of hand shock. However, a stabilizer and another piece just may rid of that.

Like Just said, you simply can't go wrong in that choice. Having to do it again, I just love my z7x too much to get something over it.

4. firefighter bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Yea that's what I thought was strange was the Helim was less that $100 more than the Z7. I cant remember the hard numbers but I kinda figured the Helim being the new thing would be more.

5. digio40

digio40 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I Own a z7x and shot the helim last week. I like the more solid feel of my z7x. There is a bit more vibration out of the helim but not a big deal. The omly thing I really did like about the helim was the solid back. The z7x can be a bit jumpy if your not paying attention. still, I would personally go with the z7x because it is more compact, shorter ata, and it feels and looks more solid then the helim.

6. InnerX CBS

InnerX CBS Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have shot and owned both bows. My first choice if I had to pick only one would be the Heli-m. I really liek the addition of the draw stop, I like the addition 2" of length, and the new cam is wonderful! Both are great bows but the Heli-m gets my vote.

7. Duckdogf32

Duckdogf32 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    X7xtreme.. Shot them both. Xtreme just felt better to me. Flip a coin if both are good to you. I shoot the extreme everyday because it just calls for me. You can't go wrong either way. I shoot mostly from a treestand and that also played with my desicion. I felt the shorter bow would be better in the tree for off angle shots.

8. nhbowhunt

nhbowhunt Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    i just picked up a helim this week i shot both and picked the helim because of the wight and the feel when i shot good luck with what you pick

9. firefighter bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Yea I decided on the Helim. I shot both again and thee was just something that felt better about the Helim. I picked mine up yesterday.

10. AntlerAddict

AntlerAddict BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    Sweet! Have fun with that new bow!