2014 Bowtech Carbon Knight

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by FullTimeKiller, Aug 28, 2013.

1. FullTimeKiller

FullTimeKiller Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Has anyone shot this bow?? i just found out today about the carbon knight and was surprised that there wasnt a thread on this bow here (i might have just missed it) i just watched a video review on this bow for the first time. Only weighs 3.2 lbs, bh of 7" and 330 fps. Pretty solid specs. Also seemed odd to me that bowtech would release this bow now, since they already came out with the experience for this year. What do you guys think about bowtech's new rig? Imo looks pretty sharp, and id like to get my hands on one to try out. Opinions?

2. grnhd

grnhd Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I had my hands on one yesterday. Its the lightest bow I've had in my hands. I didn't shoot it but it pulled smooth, had good let off,nice wall and had a nice grip. But notice I didn't say anything was great. The guy at the shop said he shot it yesterday before I got there and said that it was noisier than he thought it would be. For what its worth.

3. Yes

Yes Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I shot it a bunch the other day and it's a great bow for what it is. Very smooth draw, solid backwall, pretty quiet for being a light weight bare bow, and no hand shock. But the bow has a 'kick'. Note, it's not hand shock, but a 'kick'. With it being a bare bow, there's no real weight to deaden the energy traveling through the bow upon the shot. Most bows fall forward after the shot, but this one kind of kicks up into your hand at the shot because of the energy traveling through the string shot. It wasn't necessarily bad, but noticeable. With a stabilizer, sight, etc. on the bow, the 'kick' will definitely disappear.

4. Slugger

Slugger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Havent heard much on it yet. Or seen a thread on one

5. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I think they released it now because they probably have a carbon "flagship" to release at the 2014 ATA. That is just speculation on my part of course. The released the Destroyer LE late last year, seems they like to do two releases a year lol.

6. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I've not shot the carbon knight though I did look at them online before buying my H C Element. They are a nice looking bow and weight a tad less than the Elements (.4#'s) but it's also IBO rated 2fps slower. I don't see anything the knight does that the element doesn't do with more class (except the price).

I shot a Destroyer Sunday set at 70# and it drew just as hard as my element set at 77#, it was noisier and the draw cycle had a lot of problems. It was still a fine shooting bow but shooting the two side by side was like comparing a Corvette to a Lamborghini.

I think Bowtech still has a long way to go to compete, quality wise, with Hoyt and Mathews. I also suspect their IBO speeds.

7. Slugger

Slugger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Anyone else shoot this bow. Interested in those who can compare it to the experience?

8. maxpetros

maxpetros Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I know justpassinthru shot both the carbon knight and the experience

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

9. Yes

Yes Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    So you haven't shot the bow this thread is about, so you decided to then compare a completely different bow (Destroyer) that this thread isn't about to your Carbon Element in order to draw a comparison between the bow you haven't shot (Carbon Knight) to the Carbon Element. Brilliant!

lol no.

10. Just Passin thru

Just Passin thru Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The Experience is a MUCH better bow in my opinion. Honestly I hated the carbon knight, the grip was really blocky and I didn't like the draw cylce one bit. Once I shot the Experience I knew it was for me, the draw cycle is amazing and it is dead after the shot. Its a whole pound heavier than the knight but I feel the extra weight helps me hold better. IMO if you are looking for a new bow try the Experience after the carbon knight, the difference is tremendous.

11. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    Lol, step on a nerve much?
    No one locally had a Knight when I was bow shopping. I did shoot an experience and it was okay as well...still felt it was not quite up to quality with the Hoyts I had shot...was comparable to all the Mathews I shot so their flagship bow is on par I guess but line for line they aren't there yet.
    Hope your exposed nerve heals over bud.

12. Yes

Yes Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Why are you posting in a thread about the Carbon Knight when you haven't held or shot one yet and instead decide to talk about the Destroyer?

-"Hey guys tell me about the new 2014 Ford F150"
    -"Well, I haven't driven the new F150, but let me tell you about the Toyota Corolla."

13. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:

Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning....

The OP'er asked for opinions and mentioned stats, to which I gave a valid opinion based on stats of similar bows. I couldn't shoot the Knight since one wasn't available...
    I shot the one bow mentioned in the OP (Experience) and shot others from Bowtech and I own a Carbon composite bow from another company. Maybe that's irrelevant in your mind or maybe you're just in a pissy mood and looking for a fight....why don't you just move along or send me a PM and quit spamming up this guys thread yankydoodle.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
  14. LittleChief

LittleChief Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    How dare you say anything that is less than stellar about Bowtech to "Yes"? That means he has to spend time away from his Mathews bashing thread to respond.

How inconsiderate of you.

15. indynotch50

indynotch50 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I've shot the carbon knight and experience, both were on 70 pounds. I think the experience feels better. It's just a lot more refined in both the draw cycle and how it feels in your hand. The carbon knight is just that... light. The draw cycle isn't real great, the grip is long and awkward. The back wall is nice, just sucks getting there. I'm just not a fan of 70# dual cam bows.

My guess, for 2014 you'll have a Carbon Experience. That on 60 pounds will be a really nice bow.

16. Yes

Yes Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    "Struck a nerve"
    "Pissy"
    You're projecting. Only person who is acting pissy is you for getting called out for making bad posts. ;)

17. Wesley Lofton

Wesley Lofton Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:

Since your post have been so on topic and informative.

The only information I have gathered from your posts, is that you are a d ouche bag.

18. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    :lol: :bash:Okay big guy...you win....now please stop spamming up this guys thread. If you're still not satisfied my PM box is always open.:argue:

Appologies to the opening poster for the thread getting steered off topic from my 'Yes declared', "bad post".

19. LittleChief

LittleChief Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    In all honesty I'm intrigued by the Carbon Knight and I'd really like to shoot it. My one experience with Bowtech was pretty bad, but if I shoot a bow that I like I'd give them another chance. I'm not loyal to any brand.

20. Cledus

Cledus Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I 100% agree here. The grip on the knight is terrible, it's harsh draw to me, and has a lot of vibration IMO. Granted it is still impressive for the weight of the bow. But there is not a big enough price difference to choose the knight over the Experience, again my opinion.