Fishing thread.

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Sota, Dec 28, 2019.

1. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks! Like i said its a little big for some of my fishing lakes but it will get me to all the islands i want to hunt on Mississippi safely. Its a boat i dont have to worry about getting blood and guts in and my 4-wheeler will fit in it. Also have a custom waterfowl blind already in the works. I really need to learn to weld aluminum! Good thing i know buddies that can well! :lol:

2. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    First trip of the season was an epic fail, but we had fun anyways! Main motor battery took a dump on me and of course the only thing I didn't put back in the boat after the season was my battery jumper pack. After all, why would I ever need that?? Thankfully the trolling motor batteries were good for the 2.25 mile trip back to the launch. On top of all that, we didn't catch squat. I'm not sure I've been out and not caught even a single fish in quite some time. Bastards. :mad:

I'm going to hit a local pond at lunch and catch some easy ones just to make myself feel better. :lol:

ash d and Sota like this.
  3. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Luckily i had my noco pack with me on my initial trial run. Kill switch was stuck open and drained it trying to start. When i resolved that issue i threw the muffs on it at home and no water out of the telltale. I flushed the cooling lines and threw a new water pump kit on it but of course i damage a lock collar component and will have to call yamaha today. Never ends. Boats are like women. On the subject of batteries, not pertaining to starting battery but for all my electronics (trolling motor, fish finders, lighting) i bought 3 12.8v 100AH Lithium ions made by LiTime. They are substantially cheaper than others and get great reviews. Things are light as well. 4 bank charger i have will work for them and the lead acid starting battery. Hope they work as well as advertised and i dont end up a pile of ash!

virginiashadow likes this.
  4. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Explored some beautiful areas of Central Missouri. Got skunked but did get some big gar hits.

1000017797.jpg

Suncrest08, Shocker99, JeffC and 2 others like this.
  5. ash d

ash d Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Heading up to Albany tonight to fish for stripers in the morning I hope to come back with some fish and no hangover. I’ll update tomorrow.

6. ash d

ash d Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Fishing was decent, caught about 5 o6 different species of fish. Nobody in the fishing party was feeling to well in the morning we got after it pretty good the night before. Here’s a couple pic. All booked for next year. 6B8FA723-D917-4F3E-8EEB-8BFB8A0B7376.jpeg D488763F-F127-4272-9874-0E43C9FD13AB.jpeg

7. Rick James

Rick James Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Nice work ash d. I used to live near Albany and spent quite a bit of time fishing for stripers back in the day!

ash d likes this.
  8. Bone Head Hunter

Bone Head Hunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    1000002225.jpg Chased storms all the way to the lake this morning. Never got rained on and it cleared as we got here. Lake came up 2 feet since yesterday, but fish are still hungry.

ash d, Suncrest08, camo75 and 4 others like this.
  9. Bone Head Hunter

Bone Head Hunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Had maybe my best day of fishing yesterday at Dale Hollow in a long time.
    Some of the better ones.

1000002245.jpg View attachment 175265 1000002237.jpg 1000002234.jpg 1000002232.jpg 1000002231.jpg 1000002244.jpg

Attached Files:

Mod-it, Sota, cantexian and 5 others like this.
  10. elkguide

elkguide Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  11. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Crappies are in shallow and biting like crazy. Sad in a way the crappies are real nice size this year, this is from two winters in a row with little to no ice fishing because of bad ice. It will be a shame word will get out and people will come take every fish they catch and we will be back down to 9" crappies.

12. elkguide

elkguide Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  13. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Wife and I went out for a pontoon ride and cruised by the crappie spots, holy crap it was fun. We would motor up and shut the motor off coast in and just look out and see crappies all over. We did not fish because it was Friday night people on the water and we have not seen a boat on that spot and want to keep it that way. Not that we think that that is our spot or those are our fish, but I hate to see a lake get pounded by we are all taking our limit crowd.

Rick James likes this.