The rant thread...

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by buckeye, Feb 3, 2013.

1. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Same with the bowhunting.com app…

2. takemrarely

takemrarely Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Dad racess…. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    When you get a new boss and he/she thinks your new schedule should look like a scatter plot.

cantexian likes this.
  4. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Is your new boss a millennial? May not get the scatterplot reference.

5. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I am going to meetings to plan meetings.

6. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Sounds like the parts guy we have. Every time go into shop and need something or say hey we're out of this his response is OK I'll order it.
    Now granted we aren't close to a town really but there's 2 hardware stores within 10 mins from shop and 30 mins we have town with all the big box stores. So annoying when it's something simple

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

7. opossumhunterNC

opossumhunterNC Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Pesticide/herbicide booklets… has anybody ever had a bottle of pesticide herbicide that lasted more than a year with the booklet intact and still usable? I get that different crops need different amounts and such but could they at least make the thing sort of water resistant? And like half the booklet is full of how to calculate gallons per acre and crap like that and honestly anybody who is spraying acres of stuff already knows how to do that.

I almost hate to suggest this because I’m usually not a fan of QR codes and people overuse the **** out of them, but why not put a QR code printed on the actual bottle that links to a PDF of the manual. It’s one of the few uses where a QR code would actually make sense. That way when the paper booklet inevitably falls off or just gets a little too moist and all the pages get stuck together, you could just point your phone at the QR code and it’ll take you straight to the PDF copy of the label/booklet and would save you from having to spend half an hour figuring out who manufactured it then hunting down their official website then figuring out where on that website they keep the digital version of the label/booklet.

oldnotdead and Sota like this.
  8. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Daughter got moved up to Varsity today for their first playoff game...and I had to switch my work schedule to handle a situation and will miss the game. Coming on almost 20 yrs of working 2 weekends a month. So tired of it.

Sota likes this.
  9. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Have to be to Chattanooga Wednesday-Friday. 5:30am flight Wednesday 6:00am Friday.

10. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Non hunting threads on this platform

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

axtell343 likes this.
  11. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Fix, for the most part hunting is over till fall. Would you rather argue fixed vs mechanical, crossbows in archery season, etc?

12. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Not the same but this is when you thank The heavens for cell video. Hope someone got it for you.

Last edited: May 19, 2024 at 11:39 AM
  13. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Seeing I'm the biggest offender,as you see it, not that you stated it. Not sorry. We are all hunters but have lives and interest out side of and sometimes still linked to hunting. I don't drink whiskey but find it informative. Same with beer. Always good to know what books ppl find interesting. Not into bands but fun to see other guys preferences.
    Insight into the personalities of the ppl that also discuss their love of hunting, that you enjoy.

dprsdhunter, JeffC and Sota like this.
  14. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry man but hunting season is never really over. Between, hunting, planning shed, fishing, trip organizing, maintenance, getting permissions, growing pics, terrain, tech talk, building teams for the contest and I'm sure I'm forgetting some. Hell I don't even mind gardening, sports and funny threads. I guess I just hate the politics thread. Honestly during the off season I actually changed my opinion(unheard of) on crossbows. When I first got on here I hated everything about them and admittedly was an @sshat about it. After many threads and debates I now understand it. I don't use them but I have been conditioned to see the point.

cantexian and oldnotdead like this.
  15. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Well you can choose to ignore that topic, just saying. :confused:

JeffC and oldnotdead like this.
  16. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Your right Fix , I'm still hunting just got back from a quick turkey, called in another hen....lol.
    Coffee and out to work then maybe a other hour hunt before noon. Black flies willing. Nothing was going to beat them this morning. Why at 7:45 I sit here with my coffee.
    I multi task in my passions. On way back I stopped at the garden and dug up more planting ground picked slugs off aspargus and strawberries.
    I don't travel to hunt but find the ins and outs you guys go through for tags and areas as interesting.
    Personally I love the polititcal thread. Unlike most of you I am alone most of the time. That does not slow my brain from pondering and reflecting on , well everything.
    Political situations do tweak me for the good, bad and insanity of it. These are the people that literally set the rules for how you ,me and everyone else are allowed to function and live in society. That thread lets me release some of the thoughts surrounding that and human nature in general. No one needs to like what I say nor pay it any mind at all . The same goes for others posts. If we can discuss ,release opinions , get tweaked or just laugh over things in that thread, it makes us better people in general than a good many out there. The ones on either side, that refuse to contemplate anything other than their internal voice. Hell I've even found common ground a few times with Germ, shhhh he has me blocked so don't tell him...:biggrin:

Last edited: May 14, 2024 at 7:46 AM
  17. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I went to the $15 hotel breakfast this morning in Chattanooga. I saw what I thought was biscuits and gravy, I opened the lid and saw gravy with zero sausage in it. This is an insult to southern heritage and anagregious culinary error. It will not look good on my final review.

oldnotdead, cantexian and wl704 like this.
  18. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    No rant ...well 1 reason I have zero interest in visiting Australia. That said, besides being very crinch worthy, it is a funny video. This from a person terrified of spiders

19. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Ok first off Australia is an AWESOME destination. We had huntsman's all around us, they are big but not a big deal.

20. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    I'm sure it is, I personally just can't get over all the deadly little creatures besides the huntsman.
    Point was, it's a funny video IMO

Last edited: May 17, 2024 at 5:36 AM