HTR Weight Adjustment

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by DickensCPA, Mar 28, 2017.

1. DickensCPA

DickensCPA Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I can't remember, do you have to loosen the side bolts on a No Cam before adjusting the weight with the limb bolts? Some you do and some you don't.

I need to tighten mine down but the top bolt feels like it's siezed, it won't budge.

2. Xoutdoors

Xoutdoors Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    If it won't budge. It's probably maxed out on weight

3. DickensCPA

Dislikes Received:
    Nevermind, I called the shop and he said no just put a little muscle in it. Well I did and broke my wrench and rounded out the bolt.

I'm so mad I can't see straight. USPS lost my original bow but said I can't file a claim until 60 days after 4/4 so I just went and bought a brand new one and stripped the bolt as soon as I get home.

w33kender likes this.
  4. DickensCPA

Dislikes Received:
    No it was 5 turns out.

5. buckeye

buckeye Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'd imagine that would be a warranty claim, the limb bolt being seized up like that.

6. davidingle

davidingle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    You don't need to do anything besides turn out the limb bolts. I have found that all the new mathews are tight from the factory. I have been taking them out and lubing them and putting them back in. Anyway, mathews should warranty that, they are usually pretty good about that stuff

copperhead likes this.
  7. DickensCPA

Dislikes Received:
    I just went ahead and pressed it, took off the cables/string and relaxed the limbs. Apparently wasn't seized just VERY tight. I took a qtip and swabbed the gap between the limb pocket and riser with white lithium grease and then the threads in the riser. She's smooth as silk now.

Set my arrow thru the berger holes and 13/16 center and field tips and fixed BHs touching. They were grouping (touching) out to 30 yards. Only change I made was moving my HHA pin back to the right almost in line with my string. With the Obsession I was hitting so far left I was 30 clicks left of the string.

Spott Hogg Keeton came in yesterday and I love it so far. Got the No Cam set on 67# and was actually having trouble drawing the Obsession down to 53# with a Stan or wrist strap.

Now all I have to do is shoot well this Sunday and wait 2 months to file a claim with USPS for losing the first bow.

w33kender likes this.
  8. davidingle

davidingle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thats what I've been doing with all the new mathews that come into the shop. I don't know why they're so tight but they make a god awful noise the first rotation backing them out