Hunting licences in Ontario?

Discussion in 'Outside U.S.' started by NogutsNoglory, Jan 3, 2014.

1. NogutsNoglory

NogutsNoglory Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I'm from Ontario and I'm new to bow hunting, I want to go pick up my first bow sometime before April. What license do I need to own a bow in Ontario? What license do I need to hunt? What license do I need to hunt specific animals like turkey, deer, etc. and lastly how old do I have to be to own a bow/hunt with one. When I hunt I will be with my 19 year old brother if that makes any difference to age qualifications

Last edited: Jan 3, 2014
  2. tkarrow

tkarrow Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I assume you want to hunt in ontario?

Look at the MNR website... You need an outdoors card for hunting. To get one you need to have taken a hunter safety course most of which will center around use of firearms. Then if you want to hunt turkey, you need a turkey tag, for deer, a deer tag etc.

See the regs or check with a local store.
    T

3. Ethan Hurd

Ethan Hurd Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    You can be any age to own a bow in Ontario but when you hunt with it then it's a firearm. So that means you need to take the hunting and firearms course there mostly done together on different days but you pay for the courses together. But with the game seals, say you get a buck seal in most places in Ontario it works for both rifle hunting and archery season. (Check your local zone hunting regulation before you go hunting this year). Like tkarrow said you need a outdoors card and firearms license and a seal for whatever game or gender of game you are hunting. There's more other stuff that I haven't mentioned so check out the regulations and just make your properly licensed before you head out hunting!! Best of luck!! NogutsNoglory!

4. Mkwa Hunter

Mkwa Hunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    May I Suggest an APA Mamba M7

Sent from my iDen

5. Shadwalker

Shadwalker Newb

Dislikes Received:
    How old are you? To hunt with a bow you don't need to take the firearms course, just the hunter ed course.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. Chago

Chago Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Yes shadow is right. You need hunting course. If you don't plan in ever hunting with a gun you don't need the gun course.