Photos of Chital DEER- In Australia

Discussion in 'Outside U.S.' started by Ricko, May 14, 2015.

1. Ricko

Ricko Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Check this site out for photos of Chital Deer, these deer were bought to Australia from the Sub Continent (INDIA) over 150 years ago, these deer are also a favourite food for the Royal Bengal Tiger in India and Bangladesh, we have the following specie of deer in Australia-:

**Sambar
    **Red Deer
    **Rusa Deer
    **Fallow Deer
    **Hog Deer
    **Chital Deer

All these deer we are able to hunt

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=...&ei=kTNUVZXkIOK1mAWg3oCYBQ&ved=0CDYQ7Ak&dpr=1

Cheers,
    Rick

2. almightynut

almightynut Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Wow pretty cool, most of them look like they have part elk in them. But the million dollar question is which one is your favorite to hunt and which one is the hardest??

3. Ricko

Ricko Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well being from Victoria, I have to say that Sambar are the hardest to hunt, as they are mostly a solitary animal, where as all the other specie of deer are herding type that stick together in large numbers, the sambar deer here in Victoria range in the mountain country which can be very thick and steep in places, sambar are a very alert deer, (genetics from where they first came from and getting chased around by the Bengal tiger makes them very alert)....I have not got a sambar as yet, I have a Red,Chital and a hog deer so far, the sambar has been on the list for many, many years but so far no luck...