Scent sticks

Discussion in 'Northeast' started by Creepy21, Nov 14, 2016.

1. Creepy21

Creepy21 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Probably a hundred if these, but I really suck at finding things in forums so I'll start one more! Anyone use them with success? I am trying tinks scent sticks all season right now, but I'm wondering if I'm just burning $10. I wasn't seeing much of anything before I started so I may just be in a bad spot, curious if anyone has had success in the northeast.

2. pick00l

pick00l Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Creepy - What exactly do you mean by scent sticks? Do you mean like the deodorant type sticks Purebred and Conquest put out? I have used both of these brands and have a lot of confidence in that type of application.

3. Creepy21

Creepy21 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry I forgot I posted this. The ones I used were rinks all season sticks. They look like little corn dogs and you lite them and they smolder down for about 2 hours. I burned through 2 packs over the last month without much success. I took 3 in the same area but not when I had a stick burning. Not sure if I can account for a residual effect, but I'm not impressed overall.

4. Zweibarrt

Zweibarrt Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Most of the time, I felt like I was burning money. A couple of times deer spooked. A couple of other times, deer came like they were drawn on a string.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app