Vt buck success

Discussion in 'Northeast' started by UltimateTreeStandHunter, Dec 23, 2014.

1. UltimateTreeStandHunter

UltimateTreeStandHunter Newb

Dislikes Received:
    For.the first time ever. I had a buck come in under.my stand. It was the last.day of bow season and I went up the mountain into Hickory and Oak tree masts. The rut was on as I began my climb up.the steep logging.road , the only climbable pass up for the at least.a 1/4 mile l. I mean ground scrapes and fresh hooking. I.decided to climb in a tree that had three main branches and they served to camoflauge me as well. Hours before sun up.and within bow range of.an old.barbed wire fence. I heard birds wake and at 8:30 a cold sprinkle rain. I hesitated for five minutes, to take out my lucky umbrella and when I shook it out of its sleeve.and. began to.wrap it around.the tree I heard a thump.25, or 30 yards away. I grabbed my bow and he didn't like when I drew back ran up.the rocky cliff toward the barbed wire. I clicked my range finder on I shot it were I thought the nice 7 point with an only slightly odd antler on one.side almost a perfectly symetrucal typical 85 point whitetall tall beams slighly taller than any 8 poimt Iv'e ever taken with a rifle . but no read out I shot it again and again. My finger must have been covering the laser. He passed where I was.rangfinding to fast to shoot,,I was glad I wasn't drawn yet. He stopped.I.counted.out the distance.,10,20,30,40,50 yards I aimed and thought 60uphill Back his eyes wide open he froze the arrow.nailed at his.feet. was it.the distance the cyclone.broad head a twig ,,not wearing an arm guard. My lucky Umbrella!