NY Hunting?

Discussion in 'Northeast' started by Creed, Dec 8, 2014.

1. Creed

Creed Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys. Originally from Michigan, but got stationed in the Newburgh/West Point area a few months ago and looks like I'll be here for a while. I spent the last two years in Japan, so I'm definitely itching to get back in the woods. That being said, I was curious if anyone had any recommendations for hunting land around here? Myself and a buddy that I work with would love to start looking around - even if it's for next bow season. The only thing I've heard so far is to possibly start talking to wine orchards? Thanks in advance!

2. Joe p

Joe p Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hello fellow hunter my suggestion is hit a local game diner 3-d shoot or any other organized event that puts you in the company of your fellow hunter , you also have west point lands as we'll Stewart co- op , if no luck there hit me up , good luck

3. 5 seas

5 seas Newb

Dislikes Received:
    On the backside of the airport base (Newburg) is public hunting. Check it out. I hunted there a few years ago. Apple orchards, farms in the Kingston area. Want to get involved go to Gander Mt.in Kingston, start asking.

4. Western MA Hunter

Western MA Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I am not familiar with that area of NY for hunting. I hunt Eastern NY on the MA border and travel out to the finger lakes area annually.

5. newyork103

newyork103 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    im on the western half of the county and many of the hunters in my area tend to go up to Sullivan county or try the game lands by Greenville area.

6. Billy Pulsifer

Billy Pulsifer Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Great hunting near hunter mountain resort. Look into it for bear as well. If you're around and up for it I have 45 acres near Hudson I'd open up for ya

7. joe_bow

joe_bow Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm in the Newburgh area too and lookin for land to hunt this year. Would love to hang and find hunters up here!