Will Mother Nature Cooperate?

Discussion in 'Midwest' started by remmett70, Dec 16, 2016.

1. remmett70

remmett70 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    It was already snowing as I started my commute to work at 6:30am this Friday morning. It is not overly hard but is expected to continue overnight and tomorrow morning total expected between 6-12". I am hoping that the snow tapers off enough Saturday morning for me to head out for an afternoon sit as the system comes to an end and hopefully the deer will be moving for me to fill my doe tag. Good thing about snow is that it is usually accompanied by more mild temps, with the high Saturday being around 15 degrees. Sunday is not looking as pleasant as temperatures are to start dropping over Saturday night into Sunday morning eventually getting down to around -12 degrees with about 9mph winds creating a wind chill of about -30.

Even if I don't see anything it will make for a heck of a workout. heading about 1/2 mile into the woods through fresh snow somewhere between 10-16" deep. Time to pull out the plastic sled. Secure my hang-on and sticks onto it and connect it to my rope drag. Much easier than throwing it on my back. And that case if I do get lucky and have a doe walk in front of me, I can use the sled to drag it out also.

2. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    All I read was the title, sorry but I'm in a hurry.
    The answer to that question is always "NO", I think it must be some kind of universal law of physics or something.

3. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    There is no way you could talk me into sitting on sunday morning it is supposed to be -20.

4. remmett70

remmett70 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:

5. Gator Dale

Gator Dale Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking of Saturday morning been awhile to have a weekend off to bow hunt do to shotgun season. We are to get 3-6 inches on top of the 8-9 on ground already. Got three tags and a turkey tag yet hope to fill something between snow showers. Good luck