Why is Ohio opening up a extra Gun Season?

Discussion in 'Midwest' started by Beetle Bailey, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Beetle Bailey

Beetle Bailey Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    So I primarily hunt public land, I have some private available but only hunt those when the condition is just right.

What's your thoughts on Ohio opening 2 extra days for gun a week or so after it's week long gun season?

I feel after Orange (Gun) week it becomes more difficult to hunt. The deer are more spooked and on edge, or have became more nocturnal.

Don't get me wrong I enjoy my firearms but would rather drop a game animal with a bow than a gun.
    I would understand if it was a extra youth hunt as well.

Idk I was just thinking about it today, seeing if other people are for or against it.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

2. A5BLASTER

A5BLASTER Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Be thankful the gun season you have to put up with is so short, try hunting deer with a bow when every tom,**** and Harry has been banging away at them for a month and half, talk bout spooky deer.

I feel your pain, might be they trying to knock the doe numbers down some are trying to get more people out hunting to up revenue on license fees.

3. bigshawn

bigshawn Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Not against it but as a bow hunter only, I don't like it at all. I hunt private property but all the guns going off around me sure puts the game on edge but anything that gets more people hunting I'm for.....

4. elkguide

elkguide Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'd hope that it isn't the answer but most times you can answer the question with the phrase..........

"FOLLOW THE MONEY!"

5. fuzzymaster

fuzzymaster Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I moved from Ohio to virginia and I really miss the bow season there. Guns start after first week of Nov here.

6. primetime_Deion

primetime_Deion Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I wish gun season was shorter, but I've found late season muzzleloader and the late bow season to be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

7. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The only downside to the 3 gun seasons is that the deer take a lot longer to recover from the pressure than they used to. So bowhunting in the following weeks becomes difficult.