Bismarck area

Discussion in 'Midwest' started by Brooks23, Oct 18, 2016.

1. Brooks23

Brooks23 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Would anyone be willing to point me in the direction of a good place to bow hunt I am leaving tomorrow night with my 12 year old son and he is suppose to be bow hunting out there for the rest of the week. My cousin had a spot lined up and the farmer changed his mind about letting us hunt so now we are scrambling trying to find a spot to get him on his first buck any help would be greatly appreciated I will not be hunting it will only be my son.

2. bucksnbears

bucksnbears Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    cant help you with an exaxt place but i coyote hunt all winter each dirrection from bismark. there are some darn fine bucks aroundi'd get away at least 20 miles and glass and knock on doors.
    ND folks are usually very nice.

3. Brooks23

Brooks23 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thank you that is the plan for Thursday was just hoping to get some reassurance that I would be able to put him on something. Not looking for anyone's spots obviously unless they would like to help us get my boy his first deer

4. bucksnbears

bucksnbears Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    best advice i can give is not to bother looking along the river bottoms. those areas get locked up very tight.
    stick to the open ag/pasture lands. cattail sloughs/treelines next to a cornfield or sunflowers should be a very safe bet.
    good luck

5. TKP030

TKP030 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I went to college in bismarck from experience you want to get a little ways out of city limits if looking for private the guys close to town seem to not let many hunt probably due to the amount of times they get asked, had trouble even finding places to call yotes. I know there are some pretty good size wildlife managment areas to the south of bismarck that touch right up to the river.

6. Brooks23

Brooks23 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks guys

7. Brooks23

Brooks23 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    ImageUploadedByBowhunting.com Forums1477264575.687082.jpg thanks guys son got his first deer last night recovered this morning