Public land in WI and MO

Discussion in 'Midwest' started by BUCK RUSH, Jan 22, 2016.

1. BUCK RUSH

BUCK RUSH Newb

Dislikes Received:
    im 13 trying to start my whitetail slam looking for public land near Sheboygan WI and if possible close to Elkhart lake WI where I lived for 12 years so I can see friends and any where in MO to try to get a start.

2. Ruff

Ruff Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Northwest of Sheboygan there are 1000's of acres of state and federal land should be able to find a place to hunt no problem. BUTthere deer population is way down in the top 1/3rd of the state. You get a good buck there you've earned it! At 13 you'll need someone to get you there and back though. It's big woods though and you will need how to use a compas. GPG's are a great tool but batteries go dead or they break if dropped. Up here though you won't be the only one after the deer. You got Bobcats, Coyote, Wolves, and bear your competing with but that makes it fun as you'll never know what you'll see on stand.

Good luck with the slam, hunt for yourself and not the numbers!

3. foodplot19

foodplot19 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Missouri has numerous "bow only" conservation areas. No rifle hunting allowed. Go to www.mdc.mo.gov to find a list of those areas. These areas are scattered all over the state.
    I messed up in the other post by putting mdc.com. Sorry about that.

Good Luck!!