Taxidermy turn around???

Discussion in 'Midwest' started by cityboy, Jan 26, 2015.

1. cityboy

cityboy Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Just seeking some advice regarding my mount. Here's the story... Shot my first buck on 10/18/13 and took it to WW Custom Taxidermy in Brookfield, WI on 10/25/13. At that time he said since I was one of the first to bring in a deer that season, turn around time would be about 8 months. I'm a little concerned because it has now been 15 months and I have no idea what the status is with my 13 point buck that grossed 152. I left a voicemail message with WW Custom Taxidermy 2 months ago, and I emailed them 1 month ago with no response. I understand good work takes time, but I also feel they should communicate with me if it is double the turn around time they originally stated it would be. Thoughts? Advice? Thanks in advance, much appreciated!

2. Beagle001

Beagle001 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Keep calling and bugging him. It's their business, and their responsibility to be honest with you. Local guy up here is known for losing deer, fish etc

3. joejoe32

joejoe32 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    You have a lot more patience than I have!! If it was me I'd go to his shop and deal with him face to face. He's over a half a year late. It may not be his fault since most taxi's send the hides off to a tanning shop and something may have happened on their end but it's definitely his fault that he hasn't notified you on any progress. I'd be pretty pissed. Like I said if possible go to his shop because it's way easier to lie to you over the phone than it is in person. Good luck man. Sorry about your situation.

4. cityboy

cityboy Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thank you fellas. It is difficult to go to the shop in person because it is about and hour and 30 minute drive and WW Custom Taxidermy is open by appointment only. Impossible to schedule an appointment if they won't return your call. I may just drive there this coming Friday afternoon and see if anyone is around. I'll let you know how this unfortunate situation unfolds.

5. Beagle001

Beagle001 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck. If you want to drive an hour and a half the other way next time, I've got an awesome taxidermist up here, near Wausau

6. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    A visit is in order...

7. Xoutdoors

Xoutdoors Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    If its over a year. Id start calling the taxidermist. Id be fine if its done in a year.

8. bucksnbears

bucksnbears Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    something sounds VERY fishy!!

9. joejoe32

joejoe32 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Sooooooo did you find anything out?

10. Ventilator

Ventilator Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    While I've heard of some taking over a year, they are usually up front with that going in. I'd plan a little drive myself.
    Good luck man, I hope it all works out, and congrats on the deer.

V