Minnesota

Discussion in 'Midwest' started by greatwhitehunter3, Sep 9, 2013.

1. greatwhitehunter3

greatwhitehunter3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Might as well start a Minnesota thread right away.

With a cool down finally coming after today, how's everyone looking for opener on Saturday?

2. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I am beyond excited:rock: Just hoping that the forecasted S wind changes. Strait S blows for most of my stands.

Tick-tock.....

3. Turro

Turro Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Beyond ready. With what I've seen could have potential for a great morning. Just wish it would come quicker.

4. greatwhitehunter3

Dislikes Received:
    I'm pumped although I'll be castrating calves and have a wedding Saturday so I'll have to wait til Sunday :sad:

5. PCO50

PCO50 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yup I'm Excited!!!!! wish it was like 35 degrees and not 70 but what can you do it's opener. Last year i was dripping sweat and managed to arrow a big doe.

6. mndeerskewer

mndeerskewer Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've gone through all my gear and and I'm ready. been shooting and trying to get in shape. I set my two cameras out on my Public land spot and one got stolen so I'm kind of pissed about that. makes me want to shoot the buck I had on my other camera and start scouting a new spot. I need to get on the board though because this is my 2nd year bowhunting and I haven't got one on the ground yet. I'll be hitting it hard until I do. I've got trips planned for the Dakota's ( for ducks and pheasants) later in the fall so I want to get my venison early!!! I can wait.

7. MN-IN.A.TREE

MN-IN.A.TREE Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:

Same with me I am super pumped. For mid September it does not get much better then highs in the mid sixties so I will take that, but as with Fitz I am not a fan of straight south winds. Makes morning hunts impossible for the property I plan on going to so worse comes to worse I will take the morning off and get out early that evening. I have been seeing activity on the cameras from about 2PM and on as for as does go (bucks in the evening) so I plan on being in the stand early that evening. I will have the bow with, but I will primarily be trying to get my cousin his first doe down and filming it for him.

8. PCOutfitters

PCOutfitters Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I just wish I could hunt this year back home period, but the Army had other plans!

9. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Getting so excited - This will be my first year bow hunting so it just adds to it. Saturday can't come soon enough!

PCOutfitters I see you live about 10 miles from me!

Good luck to all.

10. asher

asher Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I was excited, but there are no deer moving on my property during the day... So hopefully with the cooler temps they start moving more. Another discouragement is the pond doesn't have any deer tracks in the mud. There are wolf and racoon. Good luck everyone.

11. MN-IN.A.TREE

MN-IN.A.TREE Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I am for sure out this weekend now. I gave my old bow to a buddy who has saved me tons of money over the years on car stuff. Saved me 300 dollars on a set of tires alone just a few months ago. He has wanted to get into bow hunting for a couple years now and he lets me hunt his land so it seemed like a nice thing to do. However I went to pick up a new bow today and they didn't have my draw length in so I had to order it. I already had the draw length on my old bow set to his before I gave it to him (he had no idea why I wanted to measure his wing spanned haha) so I am filming my cousin this weekend. Good luck to everyone this weekend!!

12. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck to everyone this weekend. I usually don't hunt mornings during early season but I have a stand picked out and a buck I have two bucks I am hoping show up.

13. CRABCLAW

CRABCLAW Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have to work this weekend, so I won't be getting out. Good luck everyone , and be safe!

14. wings435

wings435 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Looking forward to Saturday. I haven't seen a lot of bucks on my cams, but there have been plenty of does. Excited to get my first archery kill.

15. PCOutfitters

PCOutfitters Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    If I was in the States I would be, but I'm currently stationed in Vilseck, Germany! So for now I'm just lurking the website and waiting to see how everyone does this season. :ninja: Hoping I can sneak in a couple really late season hunts when I come home for Christmas leave though. When I was really little we lived across the road from Pojo's in Gilman actually!

16. greatwhitehunter3

Dislikes Received:
    How'd opening weekend go for everyone?

17. asher

asher Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I didn't get anything - bump some getting in at 5:30am and seen a doe at 60 yards walking away.

I'm hoping to seeing what others did.

18. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Sunday was my first ever bowhunt. Hunted from the ground on the edge of a field that I knew deer were crossing to some beans. I was just sitting on a log in some cover for a natural ground blind... Had a spike buck walk up on me at 5 yards but didn't know what I was. He circled around me trying to figure out what I was until he eventually walked away.

Great first experience in the woods.

I pulled the card from my camera and found almost 300 pictures... All of deer over 2 weeks. I have some monsters I'm after that have not showed themselves until recently. I am excited.

19. CRABCLAW

CRABCLAW Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    If anyone is interested, the Scent Blocker sale at Robinsons Outdoors is Oct.17th-19th. Got the flyer in the mail yesterday.

20. bgusty

bgusty Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Anyone know of any good public hunting grounds near the metro area? I usually hunt about an hour south on my parents hobby farm, but was hoping someone might know a couple good spots in the area. Shoot me a PM if you would recommend any places to check out around the metro.