Changing hunting forever!! Double Dare Blind

Discussion in 'Manufacturers, Press, and Pro-Staff' started by Daniel G. Owens, Jul 13, 2016.

1. Daniel G. Owens

Daniel G. Owens Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Ok y'all. My brother and I have designed, manufactured and are now to the point of putting the Double Dare Blind on the market. Take a look at our website HOME - Owens Outdoors and see what I am talking about. Thank you for taking the time to visit our site. If you have any questions please email them to [email protected]

Daniel

2. Jeepwillys

Jeepwillys Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats

3. alaska at heart

alaska at heart Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry if I am a skeptic by nature, but with 2 posts at this juncture.....it certainly appears that you joined this website to market your product. So on a bare tree, how is that blind.....a big camo blob....any less conspicuous than a camo human form? I get it that the idea is to hide the motion involved in drawing a bow, but that thing looks huge on the side of a tree. It just advertises to other people that "MY STAND IS RIGHT HERE!" I got my ASAT leafy suit for a lot less than $259 and it does a really good job of breaking up my human outline and allowing shot opportunties. Once on the ground, how is it different than a host of other pop-up blinds? Best of luck.......

4. Daniel G. Owens

Daniel G. Owens Newb

Dislikes Received:
    No worries, everyone is skeptical of one thing or another. I like you have just joined this site and really like what it offers. Ill try to answer your questions as best as I can. Stand location (as you know) is a big factor in bow hunting, you have to get close to where the deer is going to be. Unlike hunting with a gun, you cant be 100's of yards away from the deer and take a shot. So, setting up the stand with our blind in the woods among the trees and foliage is the best route to take. In my opinion, some hunters sit on the side of a tree and resemble the "big camo blob" and deer notice us. No matter what camo pattern you use, the deer will notice the dark silhouette on the tree. With our blind you can camo it using natural foliage or limbs or whatever you deem necessary to blend in with the surroundings. I see your point about advertising to other hunters as to your stand location and no one wants to give away that secret. That is why we developed this product to be 100% portable and at the end of the hunt you can take it down in less than 5 minutes. I like leafy suits a lot and there are times when I use mine. We are offering an option to the hunters that want the shooting house without having to build it and leave it in the woods. We have hunted thru storms in the past and the only time we got wet was when we left the stand, the blind offers that much protection. Our difference from other ground blinds is the option to put it up in the tree. We have a superior blind and welcome all the input.

Thanks Alaska at Heart

5. No.6Hunter

No.6Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Cool idea, is it easy to climb in and out of the blind when in the tree or do you have to take it down?

6. Innovative Outdoorsman

Innovative Outdoorsman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Correct.

7. Daniel G. Owens

Daniel G. Owens Newb

Dislikes Received:
    yes it is very easy to climb in and out of. The blind can be left in the same tree all season or you can remove it and move to another location.

8. Jeepwillys

Jeepwillys Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Pot meet Kettle. :poke:

9. No.6Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    I like the idea, really no different than building a condo blind in the air just less conspicuous and less money.

10. kurveball18

kurveball18 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Idea is cool but not for me. Deer are smart and notice that big blob on the side of the tree. The only way to get them use to it is by having it setup prior to season so they get use to it. Myself being more of a run and gun type hunter just like a lot of other guys on here do not have the luxury of leaving a stand setup in the woods for the season so to me, this thing would stick out like a sore thumb especially for us run and gun type hunters.

11. No.6Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    Do you have any photos of the blind setup with a backdrop?

12. Innovative Outdoorsman

Innovative Outdoorsman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I dont get it.

13. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Go back and look at your first posts.

14. Daniel G. Owens

Daniel G. Owens Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I hunt the exact same way as you do. Be out scouting during the season and find that new hot spot, I do that a lot. YOu are right this blind isn't for everyone for sure. We set up a few cameras that were focused on the blind in the background with the hopes of getting some photos of deer in the picture with the blind. It took less than an hour and we had our first photos of deer and the blind in the same picture. My brother killed a nice 10 point on opening day this year from a blind that we put up the day before season opened. Ill try to post a few pictures.

15. Daniel G. Owens

Daniel G. Owens Newb

Dislikes Received:
    image1.jpg This is a still from one of our videos, you can see the blind in the background and an arrow on the way to the target. Note that you can not see me or my bow in this shot. I thought it was a pretty cool picture.

16. remmett70

remmett70 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I can tell you I would never buy that or hang it around my stand. Nothing to do with it looking like a big camo box. It cuts too many potential shooting angles out. Deer don't magically stop in the places we want them to.

My suggestion for improvement. cut the front 1/2 off and make it a backdrop instead.

17. Daniel G. Owens

Daniel G. Owens Newb

Dislikes Received:
  18. Daniel G. Owens

Daniel G. Owens Newb

Dislikes Received:
    We have a prototype of that too. I can tell you, it is pretty odd to hunt out of something like you are talking about but it does open up lanes and its easier to deploy. The prototype has a roof and a back with no sides its unique to say the least.

19. Hillbilly Jedi

Hillbilly Jedi Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I personally really like this idea. I haven't had trouble killing deer out of traditional tree stands however this would add a versatile 2nd option to the traditional ground blind. My curiosity is setting this up in a tree. If you have a video of how to set this up in a tree, I think it would add some vital info to your consumer and possibly mitigate a lot of questions. I think the biggest question for anyone considering the purchase of your product would be how hard is this to put in a tree. The only other factor is do I need to spend $259 on a blind when I can buy one for $79 and deal with not putting it in a tree.

If you have a video setting this up in a tree, I'd love to see it.

20. Daniel G. Owens

Daniel G. Owens Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Yes sir, we do have an instructional video, the audio/visual person is editing it now. It will be out in the website soon.