Hello from Arizona

Discussion in 'Introductions - New User Forum' started by jkoehler1611, Sep 9, 2016.

1. jkoehler1611

jkoehler1611 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hello everyone,

My name is Jeremy, originally I'm from outside of Binghamton, New York. I currently live in Phoenix AZ. I've only been hunting twice before in New York when I was about 11-12 so it's been nearly two decades. This morning I've decided I'm going to start hunting and I'm going to go Bow hunting for the first time this December. Which lead me to come here because I have no real experience hunting I also have zero experience bow hunting. What I'm hoping to get out of this is just enough so that my hunt in December won't be a total flop. a total beginners guide would be awesome, and great start. I also don't even have a clue to what equipment to get as far as white tail deer hunting is concerned. I'm totally overwhelmed with the excitement.;) Thanks in advance to all who will help me out! Hope you all have good and safe hunts out there. God speed.

2. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  3. Hoytxhunter

Hoytxhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome to the site and the addiction. As far as what equipment... you need a bow, arrows, broad heads and a lot of practice. Exactly which ones to use will have many opinions. The best place to start is to find a reputable bow shop and see if you can try different bows out. Find the one that fits you and your budget. You still have time for plenty of practice if your hunt is in December. One thing to remember is that archery is not like shooting a gun in the manner that once you site it in you put it away till the hunt. Archery takes practice to find your faults and capabilities. Build your confidence and most of all have fun shooting. If you dig around through past threads you will find answers to some of your questions as well as some opinions. Good luck.

4. jkoehler1611

jkoehler1611 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Oh I forgot to mention, I'm not new to Archery just never gone hunting with a bow before. I used to do compound bow competitions I wasn't the best but I came in the top 10 (i'll be honest 7th) once, I did really enjoy the sport. Of course I've not shot in many years I'm hoping it's like riding a bike and I remember all the basics when I pick up the bow. lol we shall see... There is a little bow shop less than a block from me real friendly owners so I'm sure I will be bugging them a lot in the coming weeks.

5. elkguide

elkguide Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Lucky you to have a shop close by. Keep on bugging them and picking their brains. Shoot every bow that you can get your hands on. Find the one that feels the best in your hand and start with it. Most of all, have fun.

6. foodplot19

foodplot19 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome Jeremy!! You'll catch on quickly. There is a lot of knowledge on this site.

7. Daryl Bell

Daryl Bell Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome!

8. Hillbilly Jedi

Hillbilly Jedi Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Glad to have you! Ask lots of questions and read lots of threads. All questions are good and we'll give you some honest answers.

9. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome to the site Jeremy!

10. OkieArrowSlinger

OkieArrowSlinger Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome Jeremy! You are in the right place!

11. GABowhunter

GABowhunter Moderator

Dislikes Received:
  12. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome and I'll keep 81 open for you if you ever wanna come home