Hi and advice

Discussion in 'Introductions - New User Forum' started by NickJB, Nov 26, 2014.

1. NickJB

NickJB Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hi, I'm new to tapatalk and newish to bow hunting. So any and all advice is greatly appreciated! I live in Indiana and hunt whenever I possibly can, however i haven't had much luck at all. Only seeing a nice buck which I was extremely nervous when I shot and I'm afraid to admit I didn't make a great shot but I know I didn't kill it for I saw it two weeks later coming home from hunting. It's been frustrating spending so many hours and getting nowhere. I've spent probably 50+ hours in the blind/stand and like I said earlier, only seen a buck. So any suggestions? I'm open to try almost anything at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. 60X Custom Strings

60X Custom Strings Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    welcome aboard. Are you new to hunting or just bowhunting?

3. Syndicate_srt

Syndicate_srt Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Use like a kind of bait, even just putting out corn might work

4. Hillbilly Jedi

Hillbilly Jedi Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome and good luck! Keep putting time out there is the biggest thing for me. I don't know much about attractants since here in CA I can't use anything. I know some guys use Google Earth to get a good lay of the land if you're unfamiliar with the territory. You can sometimes see good game trails on that as well. Good luck!

5. TheChurchArchers

TheChurchArchers Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome...Biggest thing about hunting is dont give up!! I hunt a area that is high pressured and even with good food plots the deer dont move much in day light hours. We hunt mainly because we love being in a tree and just hope something walks out sooner or later. The only time we really have a good chance is in rut and you have to hit it just right. If you can bait do that to get the deer coming in and use to the spot. But if you have lots of time scout as much as you can and find those heavy trails and good bedding areas or best food sources and eat close. Good Luck