New couple from upstate SC

Discussion in 'Introductions - New User Forum' started by Dan DeClue, Nov 6, 2014.

1. Dan DeClue

Dan DeClue Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have a Hoyt Trykon that I have carried for years now. Love the bow but it's time for an upgrade. Wife and I just ordered 2015 Nitrum's. Mine in Bone Collector and hers in Vicxen. Cannot wait for them to come in.

2. Broadhead27

Broadhead27 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome to the forum ya'll!

That's awesome you two hunt together. How long ya'll been doing it?
    I wish my fiance would be as into hunting as I am! Maybe your wife could give mine a little encouragement! :tu:

3. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome to the site! I am from SC. Parents live in Spartanburg, I grew up in Jonesville.

4. 60X Custom Strings

60X Custom Strings Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    welcome to the forum

5. Dan DeClue

Dan DeClue Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Broadhead27,
    My wife and I have hunted together since about 2008 maybe? She got tired of sitting at home whilst I was 'out traipsing around in the woods doing God knows what with my buddies'. I bought her a rifle and a bow and the rest is history. Now come deer season she is one of us, and a damned fine one at that. I taught her most of what she needed to know, what to look for, what not to shoot, treestand safety etc. She is a quick study, and in recent years it has become quite the competition between us. ( She is coming along but I usually win). If you want your fiance to get into the sport, let her shoot a bow or take her to the range and let her shoot a rifle. Usually once they see they can hit a target, they want to hit something alive. Just don't be 'that guy' and put her behind a 300 win mag or something. get her a 243, she'll love it.