New SC Bowhunter

Discussion in 'Introductions - New User Forum' started by admoody, Oct 21, 2014.

1. admoody

admoody Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hey y'all I'm Adam and I am new to the world of bowhunting and actually just hunting in general. I shot two does last year with a rifle (never again) and this year I stuck my first buck during my first ever bowhunt on October 17th. He was only a three point that weighed 100 lbs (not a terrible weight for SC) but I will never forget him. Basically I had a doe come in early in the afternoon and after watching her for about 45 minutes a smaller buck came in and hung out till I only had about 5 minutes of light left. Then the buck I got rolled in from behind me and as soon as I had a shot I took it. Never knew how big he was until the next morning when my dad and I tracked him down. That hunt was the most fun I have ever had and am definitely not going back to hunting with a rifle ever again. A little more information about myself It is my second year hunting and I am going to school at Coastal Carolina in Myrtle Beach, SC and am in the SC Army National Guard. Anyways really happy to be here and a big shoutout goes to the Bowhunt or Die crew because without them I wouldn't know about bowhunting.com.

2. Hillbilly Jedi

Hillbilly Jedi Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats and welcome to the site! Great feeling isn't it! Make yourself at home, it will feel that way talking to all these guys.

3. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome to the site Adam! Glad to have you here! Congrats on the bow kill and THANKS for your service!

4. KHNC

KHNC Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Its great you are into bowhunting, and congrats on your first bow kill. However, there is nothing at all wrong with gun hunting. I still love to shoot stuff with my gun. I leave tomorrow for a Wyoming mule deer hunt. I killed one in CO early season with my bow. Nothing in the world wrong with gun hunting. I would never say never. :)

5. 60X Custom Strings

60X Custom Strings Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    welcome aboard

6. GABowhunter

GABowhunter Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome!