Greetings from South Florida!

Discussion in 'Introductions - New User Forum' started by Broadhead27, Oct 17, 2014.

1. Broadhead27

Broadhead27 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Salutes to all the bow hunters out there! Just recently joined this forum and have read a lot of outstanding posts. I'm looking forward to being part of this community for years to come!:cool:

Also looking forward to my first tags with my first bow! I've been hunting since I was a kid during general gun season. My fiance bought me a bow for Christmas last year and I've been dreaming about using it since. That dream was quickly shot down when I (Not knowing the consequences) came to a full draw and dry fired my bow. What a rookie!
    String snapped with a loud POP! & luckily no one was hurt...except my pride...That put me out of commission for several months until I met a bow hunter that also works at Bass Pro Shops who was nice enough to string me up, tune my bow, and measure my draw length. He also cut my arrows for me and and a couple of accessories to my then very plain bow. I'm still learning a lot and I'm in my yard a couple times a week practicing. I'll be soaking up all of the info I can from this forum so I could improve my skills. Looking forward to it!

A little about myself..

Born and raised in South florida ( Miami ) so before I started hunting..fishing was my first passion. Grew up fishing a canal in my back yard for Largemouth Bass, Catfish, Tilapia, Gar, Rock Bass, Oscars, Bluegill, Tarpon, Snook, Carp, & being so close to the ocean satlwater fishing followed. I am an avid diver and spearfisher. Love fishing!
    I went Hog hunting for the first time when I was 9 years old with my uncle. We didn't see and hogs that trip but we did shoot a few gobblers..That trip is what really turned me on to hunting. Never hunted outside of Florida but I will someday.

What else...

I'm engaged to a great woman I love dearly (as much as I do hunting, fishing, football and beer..incase shes reading this:evilgrin:) We just had a beautiful baby girl recently who I hope to mold into a Eva Shockey kinda girl :lol: & that's about it...Happy to be here!

2. GABowhunter

GABowhunter Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome!

3. 60X Custom Strings

60X Custom Strings Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    welcome aboard

4. Bowafide

Bowafide Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome!