Colorado Elk Hunting Seasons

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by barberx8, Sep 30, 2014.

1. barberx8

barberx8 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Just came off another Colorado archery disappointment! Can anyone answer why we continue to support a state which starts its bow season in early September then throws a muzzleloader season right in the middle of it....Then when the elk finally recover the season ends just as the rut starts!!
    There is a reason that Colorado has a 3-6% success rate...Could it be that the state of Colorado wants the elk totally undisturbed for the revenue that the rifle hunters bring in the first rifle season..
    Bow hunters hunt for the experience....Meaning we understand success rates are low but we love to chase during the rut..
    Unless your the primos crew hunting on land that is as close to high fence as you can get, that rut experience isn't happening in Colorado or its minimal at best.. Oh yes there is the occasional good hunt but overall the season closes well before the rut and leaves the elk as peaceful as possible for the high dollar out of state rifle hunters. There is no doubt the best rut hunt in Colorado is the $600 plus dollar a piece first rifle tags..
    Why a s bow hunters cant we unite and boycott Colorado's unfavorable seasons for the common man bow hunter?

PS I have killed numerous elk in Colorado and am my personal best a 362 and 345..I have also killed numerous whitetails in the 160-200 class. Not bragging just letting you know I speak from a position of knowledge. I have hunted Colorado for 20 years now!