Greetings! I have the same intersts as you, except for one thing different.

Discussion in 'Introductions - New User Forum' started by onederer, Sep 24, 2014.

1. onederer

onederer Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I've been hunting for a long time, using everything legally legit to get my prey. I used to bow hunt, but surgery on my right rotator cuff squashed that capability. Now I have to resort to crossbow hunting. I've used pistols, rifles, and black powder firearms (as a last chance of the season) to put meat in the freezer.

I'm sure that most of you are dreaming of that huge, great rack buck. And that's where we differ. You see, I'm not a trophy chaser. I don't persue big antlered bucks. If it ever comes up, I won't turn down a big buck, if the chance occurs, but my horizons doesn't stop there.

My major hunting goal is to put food on the table. And in achieving that goal, I've been lucky thus far, to obtain an "any deer permit" for landowners, every year. So for most of my hunting adventures has been to seek out tender-tasting does. They fit the bill, and it closes out my hunting season, so I can persue other things in life.

Deep pockets, we don't have. There is no way that we could ever afford to go on one of those fancy outfitter hunting jaunts. They make it look so easy on those TV programs. And things seem so perfect! I'd like to see them trying to create a show on the way that we really have to hunt around here. It would probably be good for some giggles. Thick brush, swamp water, very little open space. That's the way it is around here. They would be tripping over their cameras, trying to walk over the rough terrain, and trying to find their prey.

Cheers!

2. Mr.O

Mr.O Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome to the forum! Where are you from? I hunt for meat and horns as they say...try to get a decent buck if given the chance, but also try to get a couple of does for the meat. Good luck this season.

3. GABowhunter

GABowhunter Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome!

4. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome to the site!

5. 60X Custom Strings

60X Custom Strings Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    welcome aboard

6. Hillbilly Jedi

Hillbilly Jedi Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome! Hunting is hunting to me. Feed the family and the rest will hopefully fall into place. Good luck!