Which would you choose?

Discussion in 'Intro to Bowhunting & Archery' started by EODTraveler, Oct 9, 2016.

1. EODTraveler

EODTraveler Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I am new to bow hunting and archery. I am really looking forward to being able to hunt and have the ability to enjoy practicing in my back yard.

I have narrowed it down to two bows. Which would you recommend. I have no previous experience.

Diamond Edge SB-1
    Or
    PSE Stinger X Field ready combo

Or is there something else I should consider for the 400 to 500 range?

2. selfbros

selfbros Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have the PSE Stinger. It shoots great; however, for a new bow I've had several small parts simply fall out. It could be something I've done but I doubt it.

3. Ske1etor

Ske1etor Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Check the classifieds, always someone selling a flagship bow from the last few years for those prices. That's what I would do, personally. You'll need to know your draw length and approximately how much weight you're going to want to pull. For an average adult male, 50-70 pounds is easily doable with MOST guys these days feeling very comfortable at 60-65 pounds of draw. If anything, go visit a local bowshop and try a few to find out, they might even have a bow in your price range (hoyt charger for example) that might trip your trigger.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

4. b_walte15

b_walte15 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Go to your local pro shop and try out a few. That way you can get a feel for what you like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Arkyinks

Arkyinks Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Gots to shoot them. Sometimes a good bow just does not feel right for you. I got a Bear Attitude because it feels good to me, shoots well, and was very adjustable. But even with no experience you will notice a difference ... have your draw length measured and ensure your choice will accommodate your needs.

6. Pro V1

Pro V1 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I am a "bowtech" guy so you can probably figure out which one I'm gonna recommend but at the end of the day it's your decision. I'd start with shooting both & go from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk