Opinion Question - Seasoned Advice appreciated

Discussion in 'Intro to Bowhunting & Archery' started by eric.landry.7583, Oct 2, 2016.

1. eric.landry.7583

eric.landry.7583 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hi guys,

I've scouted a HUGE (136 acres) plot of public land a bunch of times this summer and have lined up a few trees I'm brining my climber too this season. I've also had a great opportunity to meet THE ONLY OTHER LOCAL HUNTER in the area. How said all the local guys are to old to climb the hills anymore, so they stay down at the base of the forest in ground blinds.

So here's my question... because of the scarcity of human presence at the top of the hill and the weight of my big climber, would you lug it in, lock it up in a very hidden section. As I've said I've been up there a number of times - ZERO evidence of any human activity at all each of the times I've been up scouting. I've spotted more scat and scrapes closer to the top which is why I feel it might be worth it & it would reduce the amount of sweat generated on the hike in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. elkguide

elkguide Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It's always a gamble to leave something out there.
    I've had cameras "borrowed" from private land where I was the only one with access.
    With a good lock and chain or cable, in a remote place, I'd leave it.

3. foodplot19

foodplot19 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I've left mine before with pretty good success. LIke eg said, I'd use a good quality cable and "no cut" style lock.