Is this normal?

Discussion in 'Intro to Bowhunting & Archery' started by blacksheep570, Dec 28, 2016.

1. blacksheep570

blacksheep570 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I just got a diamond infinite edge pro for xmas and I need to know of this is normal. First, the upper and lower cam stops do not make contact at the same time. The lower touches first and then about another .5 inch draw, the upper touches..

Second, I was sighting in at 10 yards to get arrows on target and I ran out of adjustment on the sight body. I was hitting way low and I had moved the sight, not the pin all the way down. Then after moving the pin, I had little adjustment range for the longer pins.. I took the sight off the mount and flipped it and it seems I will have enough to get to at least 40 yards.

Am I the only one having these issues?

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

2. BB4tw

BB4tw Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I recommend that you take yourself and the bow to a bow shop and have them help you. If the draw stops aren't equal than some adjustments are necessary.

Since you are running out of sight adjustment and you are new to the sport, I question the location of the nock point, peep sight and your anchor.

A good pro shop will be able to help you with whatever you need to get you off to a good start and avoid making some beginner mistakes and forming bad habits

Sent from my VS500 using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

3. blacksheep570

blacksheep570 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I flipped the sight mount arm and now the 20yd pin is in the top 1/3rd, leaving tons of room for yardage. What would cause the cams to be out of timing?

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

4. elkguide

elkguide Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Your bow is not timed correctly.

Go to the above mentioned good bow shop and have someone that knows what they are doing properly set up your bow.

5. 60X Custom Strings

60X Custom Strings Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    You need to have the cables adjusted so that the cams hit at the same time

6. blacksheep570

blacksheep570 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I got it figured out, I found the "nuts and bolts" post and it spelled everything out pretty good. I appreciate all the responses to this thread.
    So 28.5 draw, bow set to 70lbs and after flipping the sight mount I'm dialed in. A couple more tweeks and I'm gonna start going for longer range