New Release

Discussion in 'Intro to Bowhunting & Archery' started by Achilles2882, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Achilles2882

Achilles2882 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    So i purchased a wrist release today (Trufire Hurricane Extreme Buckle) I love how comfortable it is and it has brought my grouping down to 1/2 inc to 2 inc apart. :bow: But I noticed all my arrows are hitting 3-5 inc to the right and about 1-2 inc lower does any one know or have any idea what could be causing this?

Also the release has auto closing jaws and there where a few times it was like it didn't close all the way and during my draw it released causing me to punch my self in the nose once.:lmao2: Is this user error or do I need to find away to tighten the jaws on the release?:confused:

2. CLG73

CLG73 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Read the manual about jaw tention and how to adjust it. Make sure the trigger is pushed forward and draw with your finger behind the trigger or open handed. It's embarrassing to punch yourself...
    Looking at a picture I think my daughter has the same release. Very nice. I use the hardcore 4 finger and if I try hers my grouping is off a little. Partially due to change of anchor and motion of releasing the trigger.
    You have made a change its normal to see a difference. You are grouping and grouping tighter which is good.
    I suggest making sure the release is not too long in your hand, if it is shorten it up so that the tigger hits the middle joint or just forward of it. This will get your hand more forward and help you not punch the trigger. Release by closing your fist instead of pulling the trigger.
    After a few rounds you should adjust your sights as needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. elkguide

elkguide Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I find that each release that I use has a different point of impact.

So I just stick with my Carter Quickie.

4. foodplot19

foodplot19 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    This /\/\/\/\

5. TKP030

TKP030 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    my guess is it is a slight change in anchor point is causing it

6. Achilles2882

Achilles2882 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Cool, I will keep working with it should get it soon :)