Low poundage arrows?

Discussion in 'Intro to Bowhunting & Archery' started by Jacob Neubauer, Feb 9, 2016.

1. Jacob Neubauer

Jacob Neubauer Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have been bow hunting for a year now and I am shooting Carbon express Maxima Hunters 250. I am looking to buy 12 unfletched (GOOD HUNTING) arrows but only want to spend under 100$ I am only looking at Carbon express arrows

Parker Eagle 50/26
    HHA Optimizer lite
    Whisker biscuit
    Rage Hypodermics
    Carbon Express Maxima Hunters 250

2. KY72

KY72 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Pile drivers are very good cx arrows for the money. Beaman hunters are very good economy shafts as well.

3. Jacob Neubauer

Jacob Neubauer Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I am looking at the pile drivers but I don't know which model

4. KY72

KY72 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Jacob

I think either would be fine. Pile driver hunters are a standard size arrow with standard size components. The extreme pass through arrows are small diameter arrows with more specialized components. I would be most concerned with shooting a sharp cut on impact broadhead with your 50/26 setup. Good luck.

5. cawwwrin

cawwwrin Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Maybe some Eastons?

6. BuffaloBill

BuffaloBill Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have the same draw length and i'm shooting a hair under 60 pounds with my Hoyt Charger. I originally started with the Predator II arrows but have been shooting the 250 Piledriver Hunters. They are heavy and tough. I was actually shooting at an indoor range today, adjusting my new sight, and had a flier that went through a piece of plywood beneath the targets. It got wedged in there pretty good but was unharmed aside from maybe some of the decal rubbing off. They are around $8 a piece at my local shop. So you should be able to get a dozen for around $100. I'm going to pick up a few more myself soon. As stated above I would look at a nice fixed blade broadhead like the Magnus Buzzcuts, QAD Exodus, Slick Tricks etc. Those combined with the Piledrivers should be a good combo.

7. Jacob Neubauer

Jacob Neubauer Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I am planning on bumping up my poundage to 55 before spring turkey, hopefully by September Ill be close to the 60. Thanks for the helpful info!